Bump near anus.

Breed: mastiff/boxer
My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a pimple just resembles the size of a large one. Last night I wiped his butt with a baby wipe (he is a messy pooper so clean him regularly) and noticed blood...I guess the bump had burst. No puss just bright red, fresh blood and just a little. Im not sure if I should be concerned. We have two other dogs and two cats in the house as well. I will email photos. Thank you!

Thanks for sending me photos...although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where this bump is. Here are the photos you sent me:

bump near dog's anus

dog's anus

If this bump is on the anus (but I'm thinking it's not by looking at the picture), then I'd be worried it could be an anal sac abscess. These can be very painful and I would recommend that you have your vet take a look.

However, if it is elsewhere, like on the leg then there are a few possibilities. It could be a tiny localized area of infection which yes, could be from an ingrown hair...or possibly even from a foreign object like a splinter. If this is the case, then there is a good chance that it will heal on its own. You can wipe it with a warm cloth a few times a day and this should help.

It could also be a benign cyst which is nothing to worry about.

Occasionally we can see tumors that can look like this but I would be surprised if this is what it is. If the lump has not gone away within a week or so or if it comes back then it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look.

It really doesn't look like anything to be terribly concerned over, but I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing him. I hope things work out ok!

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17155 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (24421 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (38993 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14615 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18825 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (34844 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (9270 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9228 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5654 views)

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (46437 views)