Bump near anus.

Breed: mastiff/boxer
My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a pimple just resembles the size of a large one. Last night I wiped his butt with a baby wipe (he is a messy pooper so clean him regularly) and noticed blood...I guess the bump had burst. No puss just bright red, fresh blood and just a little. Im not sure if I should be concerned. We have two other dogs and two cats in the house as well. I will email photos. Thank you!

Thanks for sending me photos...although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where this bump is. Here are the photos you sent me:

bump near dog's anus

dog's anus

If this bump is on the anus (but I'm thinking it's not by looking at the picture), then I'd be worried it could be an anal sac abscess. These can be very painful and I would recommend that you have your vet take a look.

However, if it is elsewhere, like on the leg then there are a few possibilities. It could be a tiny localized area of infection which yes, could be from an ingrown hair...or possibly even from a foreign object like a splinter. If this is the case, then there is a good chance that it will heal on its own. You can wipe it with a warm cloth a few times a day and this should help.

It could also be a benign cyst which is nothing to worry about.

Occasionally we can see tumors that can look like this but I would be surprised if this is what it is. If the lump has not gone away within a week or so or if it comes back then it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look.

It really doesn't look like anything to be terribly concerned over, but I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing him. I hope things work out ok!

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (8619 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (19121 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (9204 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (9009 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (29088 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (20283 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (70864 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (14591 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (47502 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (78044 views)