Bump near anus.

Breed: mastiff/boxer
My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a pimple just resembles the size of a large one. Last night I wiped his butt with a baby wipe (he is a messy pooper so clean him regularly) and noticed blood...I guess the bump had burst. No puss just bright red, fresh blood and just a little. Im not sure if I should be concerned. We have two other dogs and two cats in the house as well. I will email photos. Thank you!

Thanks for sending me photos...although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where this bump is. Here are the photos you sent me:

bump near dog's anus

dog's anus

If this bump is on the anus (but I'm thinking it's not by looking at the picture), then I'd be worried it could be an anal sac abscess. These can be very painful and I would recommend that you have your vet take a look.

However, if it is elsewhere, like on the leg then there are a few possibilities. It could be a tiny localized area of infection which yes, could be from an ingrown hair...or possibly even from a foreign object like a splinter. If this is the case, then there is a good chance that it will heal on its own. You can wipe it with a warm cloth a few times a day and this should help.

It could also be a benign cyst which is nothing to worry about.

Occasionally we can see tumors that can look like this but I would be surprised if this is what it is. If the lump has not gone away within a week or so or if it comes back then it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look.

It really doesn't look like anything to be terribly concerned over, but I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing him. I hope things work out ok!

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17098 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (40233 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9074 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13063 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9294 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (44551 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (18054 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43026 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (22226 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (7198 views)