Bump near anus.

Breed: mastiff/boxer
My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a pimple just resembles the size of a large one. Last night I wiped his butt with a baby wipe (he is a messy pooper so clean him regularly) and noticed blood...I guess the bump had burst. No puss just bright red, fresh blood and just a little. Im not sure if I should be concerned. We have two other dogs and two cats in the house as well. I will email photos. Thank you!

Thanks for sending me photos...although I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where this bump is. Here are the photos you sent me:

bump near dog's anus

dog's anus

If this bump is on the anus (but I'm thinking it's not by looking at the picture), then I'd be worried it could be an anal sac abscess. These can be very painful and I would recommend that you have your vet take a look.

However, if it is elsewhere, like on the leg then there are a few possibilities. It could be a tiny localized area of infection which yes, could be from an ingrown hair...or possibly even from a foreign object like a splinter. If this is the case, then there is a good chance that it will heal on its own. You can wipe it with a warm cloth a few times a day and this should help.

It could also be a benign cyst which is nothing to worry about.

Occasionally we can see tumors that can look like this but I would be surprised if this is what it is. If the lump has not gone away within a week or so or if it comes back then it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look.

It really doesn't look like anything to be terribly concerned over, but I can't give you a diagnosis without actually seeing him. I hope things work out ok!

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10357 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (23728 views)

Possible spleen cancer. About 2 wks ago noticed lack of appetite and lethargy. Took her to the vet who said... (11379 views)

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (8638 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (14584 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (30481 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (13137 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (9068 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (10749 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (46819 views)