Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (9863 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (16033 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (40760 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (7860 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (22588 views)

Cat not eating. Hello, Dr. Haynes - My cat Simon doesn't seem to be eating or drinking very much... (47868 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (9314 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (8991 views)

Introducing kittens. hi, i have a 5 month old kitten, and have introduced an 8 week old kitten to the... (7774 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (9769 views)