Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (26833 views)

Kennel Cough. Hello I am only 16 and my parents do not believe me on my concern for my dog. I do... (7858 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (8093 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (37684 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (20864 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (7605 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (10029 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (9106 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (66476 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (24139 views)