Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (141211 views)

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (44206 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (16221 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (10446 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (10135 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (10462 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (15397 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (14383 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (26426 views)

Wobbly after back surgery. My little dog, pumpkin, had surgery for a 'blown disc' 2-1/2 years. She attempts to... (11364 views)