Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (7785 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15547 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (9978 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14358 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (19183 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (27800 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13693 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9207 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (30716 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (18704 views)