Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (11601 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (31663 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (16693 views)

Phenobarbital and Zonisamide. Ziggy had cluster seizures as a puppy and we have been controlling them (averages... (10369 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (35757 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (16306 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (22455 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (24596 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (85794 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (26840 views)