Sardine treats for my cat.

Breed: Housecat
Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat?

3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread crumbs,
I can sardines in water, mashed
I beaten egg
1 T vegetable oil
1 T lactose free cheese

Make into 24 balls and bake 8 - 12 minutes at 350.

This is a great idea! These really should be find to give to your cat. As with any treat, I would recommend offering just a very small amount as any type of new food or treat can potentially cause stomach upset. Then, if your cat likes them, the next day you can give a few more.

I wouldn't make it a regular occurrence though. My guess is that this recipe would likely have a lot of sodium which is not a huge concern, but not likely to be something I'd want to use daily.

My only concern would be that your house is probably going to smell awful when you cook them!

I'd love to have you post back and let me know how your cat likes them!

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8189 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15121 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8708 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9521 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (13767 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9216 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (11060 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (185905 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (11912 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7274 views)