Kitten can't hold head up.

Breed: mix breed
I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week now. He is excessively skinny and won't gain weight even though he eats more than a average cat. He is very protective of his food. He constantly meows for no apparent reason. Nose is always dry, has constant diarrhea and he always sits with his head down. He this normal behavior or is there anthing else that I might have to worry about?

Sorry to hear that your little kitten is having problems.

It sounds like there may be a health problem with DJ. My main concern with what you have written is the fact that he always has his head down. This can be a sign of a problem with his potassium levels. Cats with low potassium are usually very weak. It is not common for kittens to have low potassium but it can happen if there are serious kidney problems. A problem like this could happen if he ate something toxic or if he was born with a kidney problem.

Some kittens will have diarrhea because of worms so it won't hurt to treat him with a dewormer. But, from what you have described this sounds like something more serious.

If this was my case I would definitely be doing some blood tests on the little guy. It does sound like he needs to see a vet.

I hope he is ok!

Sore leg in 16 year old cat. Hello We have a cat that is about 16 years old. The last couple of days she has... (3720 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (14802 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (7319 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (15071 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (8587 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (11166 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (6654 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (3321 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (25865 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (50876 views)