Kitten can't hold head up.

Breed: mix breed
I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week now. He is excessively skinny and won't gain weight even though he eats more than a average cat. He is very protective of his food. He constantly meows for no apparent reason. Nose is always dry, has constant diarrhea and he always sits with his head down. He this normal behavior or is there anthing else that I might have to worry about?

Sorry to hear that your little kitten is having problems.

It sounds like there may be a health problem with DJ. My main concern with what you have written is the fact that he always has his head down. This can be a sign of a problem with his potassium levels. Cats with low potassium are usually very weak. It is not common for kittens to have low potassium but it can happen if there are serious kidney problems. A problem like this could happen if he ate something toxic or if he was born with a kidney problem.

Some kittens will have diarrhea because of worms so it won't hurt to treat him with a dewormer. But, from what you have described this sounds like something more serious.

If this was my case I would definitely be doing some blood tests on the little guy. It does sound like he needs to see a vet.

I hope he is ok!

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (28807 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (5375 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (10293 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (46615 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (13886 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (22111 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (17602 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (2802 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (34534 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (6281 views)