Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery?

Breed: yorkie
I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i wnat to find out if there's any long term problem facing the dog due that problem

Thanks for your question and congrats on your new puppy!

Once an inguinal hernia is fixed there shouldn't be any concerns for the dog.

A hernia is a problem where some muscle layers were not holding properly. But, once it is fixed then there is no longer a problem.

Enjoy your new puppy!

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (10194 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (44214 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14104 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (7287 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5136 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (32170 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (14621 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (6597 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18268 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (20176 views)