Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery?

Breed: yorkie
I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i wnat to find out if there's any long term problem facing the dog due that problem

Thanks for your question and congrats on your new puppy!

Once an inguinal hernia is fixed there shouldn't be any concerns for the dog.

A hernia is a problem where some muscle layers were not holding properly. But, once it is fixed then there is no longer a problem.

Enjoy your new puppy!

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (9435 views)

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (13564 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (55702 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (8283 views)

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (9907 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (11696 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (10998 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (21594 views)

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (7866 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (9833 views)