Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (15965 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5236 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19566 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (6749 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18710 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (8044 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7860 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (8596 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (23648 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (12431 views)