Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19098 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5819 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10297 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (8587 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (15282 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (54279 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (90432 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4570 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (29674 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (15285 views)