Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (11557 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7208 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7481 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7040 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7295 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18964 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (6394 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (22229 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (17071 views)

Starting pay of a vet. I'm a student hoping to study Vet Med but I might need to get student loan for the... (5194 views)