Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (19408 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (12570 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (6318 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (41623 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (15458 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (13989 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (10843 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (17133 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (63340 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (31388 views)