Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (21939 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (13614 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (8842 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (8506 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (29621 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (34467 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7864 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (17041 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (121594 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (9689 views)