Dog has the runs.

Breed: cxbead
my dog has the runs

Hi and thanks for your question. This is a tough one to answer without knowing a little more information about your dog such as how ill he is, whether he is eating, whether he is vomiting, etc.

In general, if a dog has some mild diarrhea we don't get too worried. I usually recommend a fast from food for 24 hours followed by small meals of chicken and rice. And if that doesn't do the trick then a vet visit is necessary.

However, if your dog has had diarrhea for more than 3 days or if he doesn't want to eat or is really lethargic then you may need to see the vet right away.

There is no over the counter medication for diarrhea that I recommend.

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (9928 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (5642 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (29675 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (10960 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (5610 views)

Contagious diarrhea? please bare with me as this is gonna be kind of long... about 2 weeks ago i had... (6459 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (14971 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (53567 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (9683 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (22115 views)