Defecating out of her vagina.

Breed: Unknown
We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out she is defecating though her vagina. What could that be and what can we do to helpher?

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear this. This sounds like a birth defect. It often can be repaired by surgery depending on how severe the defect is.

While she could live without having this repaired, she will be really prone to developing vaginal and urinary tract infections.

It sounds like it would be best to have your vet take a look at her.

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (25014 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (9746 views)

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (11084 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (9442 views)

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (5573 views)

Cyst on dog? My toy rat terrier chiuaua mix has a clear bumpy thing on her side just below her... (6344 views)

Brown spots on puppy's belly. Hi Doctor. I've noticed an area along my puppies belly down to her private area... (42449 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (43687 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5184 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (48055 views)