Defecating out of her vagina.

Breed: Unknown
We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out she is defecating though her vagina. What could that be and what can we do to helpher?

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear this. This sounds like a birth defect. It often can be repaired by surgery depending on how severe the defect is.

While she could live without having this repaired, she will be really prone to developing vaginal and urinary tract infections.

It sounds like it would be best to have your vet take a look at her.

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (55097 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (5253 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24922 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (14699 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (12548 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (39886 views)

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (18048 views)

Vasculitis and skin infection. Hey Dr. Marie, We've got a doberman with a hard-to-diagnose skin issue. Usually... (18814 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (6458 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (8624 views)