Frontline and bathing.

Breed: Yorkiepoo

I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a bath. Will the Frontline still be effective or should I apply another application?

Thank you,

Chanae

Thanks for a good question!

Frontline should be effective even if a bath has been given. However, if you gave the bath immediately after putting the frontline on then it would be a good idea to apply another one. (It is a very safe medication and it won't hurt to put on a second dose.)

Even though this is not written on the label, there are a number of people who believe that you should not give a bath for 48 hours before and after Frontline application.

The reason for this is that the frontline gets absorbed into the oil glands of the dog and if a bath is given then this will strip the normal oils from these glands.

Personally I don't worry about this. The only time I would be really concerned is if you had bathed him in a medicated shampoo that was meant to strip off dead skin (seborrhea, etc.). In this case then I would wait 2 days to apply it.

Hope that answers your question!

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (7018 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (18269 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (9307 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (11972 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (42098 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (11260 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (20698 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (42317 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (34255 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (26974 views)