Frontline and bathing.

Breed: Yorkiepoo

I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a bath. Will the Frontline still be effective or should I apply another application?

Thank you,

Chanae

Thanks for a good question!

Frontline should be effective even if a bath has been given. However, if you gave the bath immediately after putting the frontline on then it would be a good idea to apply another one. (It is a very safe medication and it won't hurt to put on a second dose.)

Even though this is not written on the label, there are a number of people who believe that you should not give a bath for 48 hours before and after Frontline application.

The reason for this is that the frontline gets absorbed into the oil glands of the dog and if a bath is given then this will strip the normal oils from these glands.

Personally I don't worry about this. The only time I would be really concerned is if you had bathed him in a medicated shampoo that was meant to strip off dead skin (seborrhea, etc.). In this case then I would wait 2 days to apply it.

Hope that answers your question!

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (11591 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (23607 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (159794 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (5208 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (29429 views)

Beagle has lots of problems. I found my Beagle Lucky as a stray almost a year ago, he is around 4 years old. I... (6503 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6669 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (20582 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (9892 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (12842 views)