Puppy not gaining weight.

Breed: shih tuz
my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating look smaller than he should what can i do to helh him what can i give him to eat

If your puppy is on a good quality puppy food and is not gaining weight then there is likely a medical problem with him.

It may be something as simple as parasites. Giving him some Dewormer now and two weeks from now may help.

But it is possible that there is something more serious going on. Some little dogs can be born with something called a liver shunt (otherwise known as a hepatic shunt or portosystemic shunt). This causes a problem with blood not flowing through the liver properly. Animals with a liver shunts will not gain weight well.

While a liver shunt is treatable it usually needs an expensive surgery to treat. Some dogs can be managed with special food and medications.

It's also possible that he is not gaining weight because of a health problem such as a heart problem, a virus or other things.

Sounds like a vet visit is a good idea!

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (15927 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (7403 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (12499 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (6115 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (4754 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (18384 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (5876 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (10421 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (4492 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (14160 views)