Still have puppies inside?

Breed: pitbull
my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came out dead, she had alot of trouble giving birth 2 survived could she still have more puppies in her belly?

Sorry to hear that Hannah is having problems. It is definitely possible that there are more puppies inside and often it's hard to tell.

I would highly advise having your vet take an xray to see if she has any more puppies. If so, she may need to have a C-Section.

If she seems to be doing well and is eating well then it may be ok to just watch her. But, if there is any concern then I highly advise the xray. If there are pups inside and we don't do anything it can be life threatening.

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10915 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (19449 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4604 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11219 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (19534 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13902 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (7561 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13342 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (18352 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8322 views)