Still have puppies inside?

Breed: pitbull
my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came out dead, she had alot of trouble giving birth 2 survived could she still have more puppies in her belly?

Sorry to hear that Hannah is having problems. It is definitely possible that there are more puppies inside and often it's hard to tell.

I would highly advise having your vet take an xray to see if she has any more puppies. If so, she may need to have a C-Section.

If she seems to be doing well and is eating well then it may be ok to just watch her. But, if there is any concern then I highly advise the xray. If there are pups inside and we don't do anything it can be life threatening.

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (55673 views)

Yorkie has tartar on teeth. I have recently noticed that masey has tartar buildin up on her teeth, iv gave her... (7178 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (7593 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7056 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (64459 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (19917 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4632 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (12677 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (8976 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (27106 views)