Still have puppies inside?

Breed: pitbull
my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came out dead, she had alot of trouble giving birth 2 survived could she still have more puppies in her belly?

Sorry to hear that Hannah is having problems. It is definitely possible that there are more puppies inside and often it's hard to tell.

I would highly advise having your vet take an xray to see if she has any more puppies. If so, she may need to have a C-Section.

If she seems to be doing well and is eating well then it may be ok to just watch her. But, if there is any concern then I highly advise the xray. If there are pups inside and we don't do anything it can be life threatening.

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7864 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (5448 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (10450 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10420 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4392 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (19508 views)

Dog bitten by another dog my dog got bit by a boxer dog on the front leg what shall i... (12333 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7257 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (56557 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (7837 views)