Bumps on dog's chin.

Breed: english mastiff\timb
my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were bleeding over the weekend, but although red, are not bleeding currently. I will send you some pictures. thank you for your help

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo. I've cropped it and posted it here:

bumps on dog's chin

Now, I can't make a diagnosis on the internet, but I can tell you that this looks very much like something we call chin acne in dogs. The medical term for this is "muzzle folliculitis and furunculosis". We usually don't know the cause of it. Sometimes it can happen because of trauma or a small cut to the area, but often the cause is completely unknown.

It's best to see your vet for treatment for this condition. I'd recommend seeing them soon because if you wait too long then you can be dealing with infection as well. In most cases the vet will prescribe a benzoyl peroxide shampoo or gel for you to apply to the area. I have had some patients that have used over the counter human products such as Oxy Pads, but again, you need to get clearance from your vet to do this.

If your vet feels that infection is present then they will likely prescribe some oral antibiotics as well.

Hope things clear up soon!

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (17094 views)

Pathology report for mammary tumor. Shelby recently had her mammary gland removed as she had multiple tumors. This... (9057 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5050 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (13926 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (10242 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (7672 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (8908 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24333 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (31844 views)

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (26252 views)