Bumps on dog's chin.

Breed: english mastiff\timb
my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were bleeding over the weekend, but although red, are not bleeding currently. I will send you some pictures. thank you for your help

Thank you for sending me this excellent photo. I've cropped it and posted it here:

bumps on dog's chin

Now, I can't make a diagnosis on the internet, but I can tell you that this looks very much like something we call chin acne in dogs. The medical term for this is "muzzle folliculitis and furunculosis". We usually don't know the cause of it. Sometimes it can happen because of trauma or a small cut to the area, but often the cause is completely unknown.

It's best to see your vet for treatment for this condition. I'd recommend seeing them soon because if you wait too long then you can be dealing with infection as well. In most cases the vet will prescribe a benzoyl peroxide shampoo or gel for you to apply to the area. I have had some patients that have used over the counter human products such as Oxy Pads, but again, you need to get clearance from your vet to do this.

If your vet feels that infection is present then they will likely prescribe some oral antibiotics as well.

Hope things clear up soon!

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (17882 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8462 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7108 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (11165 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (153755 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (7052 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10518 views)

lump on ear In the last couple weeks a bump on the tip of my dogs ear has shown up. We have been... (9301 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10449 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (6224 views)