Dog in heat.

Breed: mini pincher
My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around her virgina and it seems swollen, and she has been acting different. how long will she stay in heat. this is the first female dog I have had.

A female dog is generally in heat for about 3 weeks. The first week will have the most bleeding. She will be the most fertile at about day 10-14 of her heat, but could potentially get pregnant at any point in her heat.

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (22281 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (8210 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (7851 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (55563 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (10284 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (5657 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (25513 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (9173 views)

Ovariectomy vs. Ovariohysterectomy. My beautiful little girl had a lump near one of her lower nipples last week. After... (7538 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10317 views)