Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs.

Breed: White Crested/Americ
I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any types of cloth you'd recommend for the bed that are safe AND comfortable?

Hi and thanks for your question. There are a great number of things that can be used for guinea pig bedding. Here are my criteria when choosing bedding for guinea pigs:

-It needs to absorb liquids
-It won't smell, especially if wet
-It's not easily destroyed. If it can be easily made into pieces that can be ingested and cause an obstruction then that's not good
-It shouldn't have any kind of scent that could cause breathing problems.
-It needs to be safe in regards to mobility and a little bit soft

I wouldn't say that there is any particular type of cloth that I would prefer over another but if you use the above guidelines you can't go wrong.

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (7201 views)

Should we do surgery? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat Gus will be 15 in 3 months. We have been working with his... (9907 views)

Possible demodectic mange. We live in Bangladesh an are unable to obtian decent vet care for my dog. I am... (40072 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (8864 views)

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (9298 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (43494 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (37739 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4889 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5219 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (31809 views)