Do cats prefer litter?

Breed:
My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter boxes. When this started I just started buying Arm & Hammer Double Duty Litter and prior was buying mostly Arm & Hammer Multi-cat (have 2 cats) or other brands like fresh steps, once even bought the store brand. She never had this problem until I bought the double duty. Does cats prefer certain litters over others?

Both of our cats use the same litter that I clean often and its been this way since we got the 2nd cat (the cat with the potty ong the floor problem) trained to go in the litter. Which was fast and easy to do.

Help me please I don't want to have to rehome her.

Some cats can prefer certain litters over others.

There can be other reasons for cats to urinate in the house as well.

I have been asked this question a lot so I wrote an article about it:

Why is my cat urinating in the house?

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (77266 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (10358 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (11348 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4938 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19393 views)

Incontinent kitten. Hi there! I have a kitten who was found in a drain at about 3 weeks. The vets at... (11045 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (14779 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (54269 views)

Sick Yorkie Buddy has been acting sick for about a week, being lethargic and unresponsive,... (5240 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (18349 views)