Do cats prefer litter?

Breed:
My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter boxes. When this started I just started buying Arm & Hammer Double Duty Litter and prior was buying mostly Arm & Hammer Multi-cat (have 2 cats) or other brands like fresh steps, once even bought the store brand. She never had this problem until I bought the double duty. Does cats prefer certain litters over others?

Both of our cats use the same litter that I clean often and its been this way since we got the 2nd cat (the cat with the potty ong the floor problem) trained to go in the litter. Which was fast and easy to do.

Help me please I don't want to have to rehome her.

Some cats can prefer certain litters over others.

There can be other reasons for cats to urinate in the house as well.

I have been asked this question a lot so I wrote an article about it:

Why is my cat urinating in the house?

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (14262 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (9145 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (166241 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (19695 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (10421 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (8283 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (13626 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (16818 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (20925 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (10366 views)