Do cats prefer litter?

Breed:
My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter boxes. When this started I just started buying Arm & Hammer Double Duty Litter and prior was buying mostly Arm & Hammer Multi-cat (have 2 cats) or other brands like fresh steps, once even bought the store brand. She never had this problem until I bought the double duty. Does cats prefer certain litters over others?

Both of our cats use the same litter that I clean often and its been this way since we got the 2nd cat (the cat with the potty ong the floor problem) trained to go in the litter. Which was fast and easy to do.

Help me please I don't want to have to rehome her.

Some cats can prefer certain litters over others.

There can be other reasons for cats to urinate in the house as well.

I have been asked this question a lot so I wrote an article about it:

Why is my cat urinating in the house?

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (219214 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (10946 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (14772 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8125 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6407 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6380 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (5584 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10440 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (5108 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4580 views)