Do cats prefer litter?

Breed:
My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter boxes. When this started I just started buying Arm & Hammer Double Duty Litter and prior was buying mostly Arm & Hammer Multi-cat (have 2 cats) or other brands like fresh steps, once even bought the store brand. She never had this problem until I bought the double duty. Does cats prefer certain litters over others?

Both of our cats use the same litter that I clean often and its been this way since we got the 2nd cat (the cat with the potty ong the floor problem) trained to go in the litter. Which was fast and easy to do.

Help me please I don't want to have to rehome her.

Some cats can prefer certain litters over others.

There can be other reasons for cats to urinate in the house as well.

I have been asked this question a lot so I wrote an article about it:

Why is my cat urinating in the house?

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (9771 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (11867 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (7154 views)

Antibiotics for stuffed up nose. Hello again Dr. Marie, writing again about our dog Sparky and have some questions.... (6969 views)

Itchy bumps on back. I took my dog to get groomed about 6 weeks ago and I noticed that she got a few... (13291 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (7013 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (9374 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (38354 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (9000 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (22766 views)