Black spot on tongue.

Breed: mixed
My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a dot the size of a pencil eraser. It is now about 3 times that size and irregularly shaped. It is flat, not at all raised. No foul smell. He does not seemed to be bothered by it, does not act sick, has good energy and appitite. He's up on all his shots. His mix is,well, mixed. Looks like part Aussie, part Brittany, part Border and about 44 lbs.and 5 yrs old.
Ideas? Thanks for your time.
Judy

If this spot is not raised at all, it's likely just a change in pigment on the tongue. This is nothing to worry about!

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (17614 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (6999 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (33755 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (17414 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (24629 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15181 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (12111 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (15949 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (7265 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16467 views)