Black spot on tongue.

Breed: mixed
My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a dot the size of a pencil eraser. It is now about 3 times that size and irregularly shaped. It is flat, not at all raised. No foul smell. He does not seemed to be bothered by it, does not act sick, has good energy and appitite. He's up on all his shots. His mix is,well, mixed. Looks like part Aussie, part Brittany, part Border and about 44 lbs.and 5 yrs old.
Ideas? Thanks for your time.
Judy

If this spot is not raised at all, it's likely just a change in pigment on the tongue. This is nothing to worry about!

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31966 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (11574 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (11959 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13283 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (14715 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (23816 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (10318 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (13826 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (14674 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (43335 views)