Black spot on tongue.

Breed: mixed
My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a dot the size of a pencil eraser. It is now about 3 times that size and irregularly shaped. It is flat, not at all raised. No foul smell. He does not seemed to be bothered by it, does not act sick, has good energy and appitite. He's up on all his shots. His mix is,well, mixed. Looks like part Aussie, part Brittany, part Border and about 44 lbs.and 5 yrs old.
Ideas? Thanks for your time.
Judy

If this spot is not raised at all, it's likely just a change in pigment on the tongue. This is nothing to worry about!

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (58753 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (17157 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (6545 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (5073 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (7580 views)

In heat cat spay. Dear Dr. Marie, Gracie was spayed today (by laser). When I picked her up the vet... (13069 views)

Yellow vaginal discharge. my female cat has yellow vaginal discharge what does this mean? is it a sign of... (12355 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (8091 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (114716 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8323 views)