Black spot on tongue.

Breed: mixed
My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a dot the size of a pencil eraser. It is now about 3 times that size and irregularly shaped. It is flat, not at all raised. No foul smell. He does not seemed to be bothered by it, does not act sick, has good energy and appitite. He's up on all his shots. His mix is,well, mixed. Looks like part Aussie, part Brittany, part Border and about 44 lbs.and 5 yrs old.
Ideas? Thanks for your time.
Judy

If this spot is not raised at all, it's likely just a change in pigment on the tongue. This is nothing to worry about!

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (18370 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (181328 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9343 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (14650 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (10969 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (9730 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (9732 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (9811 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (28868 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (7548 views)