Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

Bad rash on neck. One of our neighborhood cats has a really bad looking rash all over his neck. Here... (18082 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (9523 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (25856 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (15209 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (19431 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (6999 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (72532 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (13778 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (7739 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (8089 views)