Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (18467 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (28805 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (12338 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (10213 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (43622 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (11089 views)

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (14252 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (10539 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (15994 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (21149 views)