Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

Not eating, drinking or peeing. I aquired this 10yr old fixed,declawed male cat a couple of months ago. for about 4... (12219 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (32797 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10761 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (50060 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15618 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (10074 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8026 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (8154 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (12408 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (7054 views)