Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (8641 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (13440 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (12211 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (11672 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (30324 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (8724 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (24286 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (7948 views)

Blind, deaf and no sense of smell. Jack was diagnosed as hyperthyroid in February and has been on methimazole since... (9137 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (17635 views)