Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6635 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5263 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog has been losing her appetite for about 2 months. She would no longer eat her... (13085 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (10464 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (40606 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (6897 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (10146 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (30989 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (9068 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10448 views)