Round spot on cat's leg.

Breed: Russian Blue
He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the patch isnt circular and doesnt have a ring/redness etc although it is dry and flaky. he recently came home from a vet nurse after being looked after while we were on holiday and he eats different food there. he has been there before but not as long as this time.

hope you can answer my question!

thankyou

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your cat. If you would like to reply I can give you instructions on uploading a picture and maybe I can help some more.

This could be a bacterial skin infection, or a fungal infection (such as ringworm).

It could also be something called an eosinophilic plaque which needs to e treated with steroids.

Ultimately though if it is not clearing up in a few days then you will need to have your vet take a look.

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (17040 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4610 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (5667 views)

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (14656 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5156 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5154 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8137 views)

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (9841 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (31844 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14021 views)