What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (10208 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (221024 views)

Bleeding from mouth. Hi Dr. Marie, What would cause recurrent tongue and gum ulcers in cats? Chuger is... (32880 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9538 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (14342 views)

Dog with bloody stool. Hi, I mistakenly changed my dog's food without mixing which I now know is a big... (12505 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12428 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (8966 views)

Stopped Rimadyl because dog is sick. I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? Oh well Aussie aprx 12... (24779 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (33824 views)