Kitten with runny nose.

Breed: tabby
my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting, drinking n playing well she just cant shake the snots, wot could it be??

While I can't say for sure without seeing Sukie, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory virus. This is very similar to us getting a cold.

Most of the time a cat will clear a cold on her own. But, it can take several weeks to go away. One thing that has been proven to help a cat get over a cold quicker is an amino acid supplement called lysine.

If your cat has a green discharge from the nose or eyes, or if she is not eating well then she may need some antibiotics in order to recover.

There are other things that can cause a snotty nose in a cat including a foreign object up the nose. But, a virus is most likely.

It may help if you put her in the bathroom for a few minutes next to a steamy shower. This will help to loosen up the congestion in her nose.

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7311 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (36348 views)

Dog pees when excited. comit had surgery done to remove a hernia and the vets said it was of most good to... (10067 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8551 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (28745 views)

Why did 15 year old dog die? Hello, My dog was 15 years old and she just recently died last thursday. My mother... (14937 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (10934 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (30279 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (6725 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13896 views)