Kitten with runny nose.

Breed: tabby
my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting, drinking n playing well she just cant shake the snots, wot could it be??

While I can't say for sure without seeing Sukie, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory virus. This is very similar to us getting a cold.

Most of the time a cat will clear a cold on her own. But, it can take several weeks to go away. One thing that has been proven to help a cat get over a cold quicker is an amino acid supplement called lysine.

If your cat has a green discharge from the nose or eyes, or if she is not eating well then she may need some antibiotics in order to recover.

There are other things that can cause a snotty nose in a cat including a foreign object up the nose. But, a virus is most likely.

It may help if you put her in the bathroom for a few minutes next to a steamy shower. This will help to loosen up the congestion in her nose.

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (21333 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (19944 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (9672 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (5824 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (5370 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (7041 views)

Vomiting and not eating. My shepherd mix, Beanie, is 8 years old, weighs about 44 pounds, and has always been... (6360 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (39688 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (3655 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (15211 views)