Kitten with runny nose.

Breed: tabby
my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting, drinking n playing well she just cant shake the snots, wot could it be??

While I can't say for sure without seeing Sukie, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory virus. This is very similar to us getting a cold.

Most of the time a cat will clear a cold on her own. But, it can take several weeks to go away. One thing that has been proven to help a cat get over a cold quicker is an amino acid supplement called lysine.

If your cat has a green discharge from the nose or eyes, or if she is not eating well then she may need some antibiotics in order to recover.

There are other things that can cause a snotty nose in a cat including a foreign object up the nose. But, a virus is most likely.

It may help if you put her in the bathroom for a few minutes next to a steamy shower. This will help to loosen up the congestion in her nose.

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10962 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (35345 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9140 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (23381 views)

Sardine treats for my cat. Is this recipe for cat treats safe for my cat? 3/4 cup dry, whole wheat bread... (7090 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6533 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (15075 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (21467 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (21763 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (17679 views)