Kitten with runny nose.

Breed: tabby
my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting, drinking n playing well she just cant shake the snots, wot could it be??

While I can't say for sure without seeing Sukie, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory virus. This is very similar to us getting a cold.

Most of the time a cat will clear a cold on her own. But, it can take several weeks to go away. One thing that has been proven to help a cat get over a cold quicker is an amino acid supplement called lysine.

If your cat has a green discharge from the nose or eyes, or if she is not eating well then she may need some antibiotics in order to recover.

There are other things that can cause a snotty nose in a cat including a foreign object up the nose. But, a virus is most likely.

It may help if you put her in the bathroom for a few minutes next to a steamy shower. This will help to loosen up the congestion in her nose.

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (11082 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (27278 views)

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (39590 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (12886 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10602 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (15176 views)

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (8135 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (13637 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (17616 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (11969 views)