Kitten with runny nose.

Breed: tabby
my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting, drinking n playing well she just cant shake the snots, wot could it be??

While I can't say for sure without seeing Sukie, it sounds like she may have an upper respiratory virus. This is very similar to us getting a cold.

Most of the time a cat will clear a cold on her own. But, it can take several weeks to go away. One thing that has been proven to help a cat get over a cold quicker is an amino acid supplement called lysine.

If your cat has a green discharge from the nose or eyes, or if she is not eating well then she may need some antibiotics in order to recover.

There are other things that can cause a snotty nose in a cat including a foreign object up the nose. But, a virus is most likely.

It may help if you put her in the bathroom for a few minutes next to a steamy shower. This will help to loosen up the congestion in her nose.

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (15204 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (6843 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (6667 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (14752 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (9175 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7113 views)

Dog is losing weight. I have a 7yr old larger sized min pin. Had her fixed at 1yrs old and she has always... (9625 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (18576 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (27058 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (38573 views)