Does high pitch affect seizures?

Breed: chihuahua
Hello there,

I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me constantly. Whether it's just to go downstairs or entering our home. We've tried a few methods to discourage him, like spray bottles but they've become less affective. We were thinking about trying a product called Bark Off. Which supposedly discourages barking by emitting a high frequency sound which disrupts their barking. Are concern is that Rocko has had seizures in the past, maybe 3-4 a year, and we wondered if sound could be a trigger for seizures. So we were just wondering if there's any reason the sound would cause seizures.

Thank you
- Laura

Hi Laura and thanks for your question.

As far as I know, a high pitched sound is not known to trigger seizures. However, there are some dogs that can have their seizures triggered by stress, so if it is really stressful to have this sound go off then it is in theory possible that a seizure could be triggered. (But I doubt it).

Some other things you may want to look into for barking are citronella collars which emit a spray that dogs don't like.

I am not a fan of shock collars for barking as there is a lot of potential for things to go wrong.

I know there is an ad that often pops up on my site for anti-barking, but I haven't been able to check it out just yet.

I hope this answers your question.

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14275 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8124 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (9756 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (55929 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31572 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13032 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (40491 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (103654 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5399 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5113 views)