Tramadol not working.

Breed: mutt
He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on Tramadol for pain when lying down -possible his elbows- and moving to his side moaning. Hes had 4 doses of tramadol with no relief. Does Tramadol have to "build up" in his system to "start" to relieve his pain?

Usually, if Tramadol is going to work we should be seeing some results within the first day of treatment.

Tramadol has a really wide dosing range. You may want to ask your vet if they think you should increase the dose.

Sometimes if Tramadol and Metacam are not working I will add a medication called Gabapentin.

You could also talk to your vet about having an orthopedic surgeon do a SHO (Sliding Humeral Osteotomy) which is a surgery which may help him.

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (24605 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11363 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7243 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (4599 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (11728 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (127195 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (7745 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6448 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (15132 views)

Hind end paralysis. I put my beautiful, loyal companion to sleep on Christmas day. The guilt is... (7774 views)