Cat has a sore mouth.

Breed: N/A
My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but she can't get it out. It happened once in awhile but now it's happening more often. Should I be worried about this?

Sorry to hear that this is happening with Little. This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

It sounds like she may have some pain in her mouth. You will likely want to have your vet examine her.

One of the more common reasons for pain in the mouth is a dental problem called a resorptive lesion. This is similar to a cavity in people and can be quite painful for cats.

It's also possible that she has a dental infection or even a tumor in the mouth.

Or, she may actually have something stuck in her mouth.

There really is nothing that I can recommend over the internet other than to have your vet take a look.

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (142999 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7596 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (6387 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (8751 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (6460 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (13246 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (8219 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7188 views)

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (132229 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (10279 views)