Cat has a sore mouth.

Breed: N/A
My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but she can't get it out. It happened once in awhile but now it's happening more often. Should I be worried about this?

Sorry to hear that this is happening with Little. This is a tough question to answer without being able to examine your cat.

It sounds like she may have some pain in her mouth. You will likely want to have your vet examine her.

One of the more common reasons for pain in the mouth is a dental problem called a resorptive lesion. This is similar to a cavity in people and can be quite painful for cats.

It's also possible that she has a dental infection or even a tumor in the mouth.

Or, she may actually have something stuck in her mouth.

There really is nothing that I can recommend over the internet other than to have your vet take a look.

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (18222 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (10747 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (27825 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (15646 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (7272 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (17681 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (9860 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (11738 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (18521 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (19256 views)