Dog spinning and bothered

Breed: jack russell
My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He spin's and seems to be very miserable. He does this every year around this time. We have tried shampoos and sprays to keeping him from itching but nothing works. What can we do to help him?

While I can't say for sure, it sounds like your dog may be having issues with his anal glands. These little sacs sit on either side of the anus and can fill up with fluid. We don't really know why this happens.

When they get really full they are itchy and they can cause the dog to be quite irritated.

In most cases I recommend having your vet empty the glands. While some groomers (and some owners) can do them, it is usually better to have your vet do them. Your vet can tell you if there is an infection present in the glands or something more serious like an abscess.

It is also possible that there is irritation around the anus possibly due to allergies. But, what you are describing sounds typical of anal gland problems.

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (59911 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (13260 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (38984 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (15588 views)

Guinea pig scabs around mouth. My guinea pig is getting brown/orange scabs around its mouth and nose?! I have took... (10762 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (19578 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (8937 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (36350 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (11600 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (11296 views)