Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (7765 views)

Can't pee. Constipation issues too. Hello, My cat has Mega Colon and is being treated with CisaPride 5mg/ml suspension.... (13350 views)

Dog died after injections. Our 12 yo 12 lb healthy mini dachsund fell off our bed in the middle of the night.... (6023 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (17352 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (30473 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (12439 views)

Natural treatment for lymphoma? my dog was just diagnosed with lymphoma cancer. hes on prednisone. cant afford... (8782 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (11110 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5649 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (5167 views)