Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (28205 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (16690 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (8389 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (25250 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7734 views)

Red lump between dog's toes. Hello I noticed that Sam has a big red swellen bump between second and third... (88682 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (6060 views)

Sore neck Hi Dr. Marie, You've been helpful in the past, so I thought I'd ask you another... (4390 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (9911 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (6820 views)