Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (12350 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12054 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (7975 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (11449 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (5453 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10069 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (68552 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (5723 views)

Cat itchy on neck. Recently my cat has been scratching in the area just below her neck at the top of... (9677 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (13913 views)