Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (9723 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16185 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (17393 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (48121 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (20683 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (9973 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9554 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (9619 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (6645 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (9672 views)