Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (29456 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (18232 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (16748 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (8442 views)

Abdominal mass in a cat. My husband and I put down our Ivy today. It was rather sudden and unexpected and... (49242 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (38220 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (12739 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (21393 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (9000 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (17869 views)