Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (9112 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (13346 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (33403 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (63660 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (9723 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (48657 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (8311 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (55318 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (12339 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (23483 views)