Penis discharge in dog.

Breed: Jack Russell
Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been getting this yellow stuff coming out of his private part. What is this? Should be concerned? Is it normal? Thanks in advance.

It's really common for a dog to have yellow debris coming from his penis. I don't usually recommend doing anything for it. If it is really annoying you can take a warm cloth and wipe it away.

If it seems bothersome to the dog (i.e. if he is licking at it a lot) then it may be a sign of an infection. Similarly, if he is having trouble urinating then he should be checked out by his vet.

Most of the time this issue goes away after a dog is neutered, but there are some neutered dogs that still get some discharge from their penis.

How often for heat? I'm wanting to breed my female Blue Heeler. She was last in heat at the beginning of... (13540 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (30150 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (17347 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (10735 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (20562 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (12484 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (19570 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (43680 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (39711 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (38811 views)