Duck jerky making dogs sick?

Breed: Siberian Husky
If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both and didn't hear about this problem until after I had lost a dog to a mysterious, fast illness. I'm concerned about giving my huskies these treats. They had blood tests after the other dog died and were normal.

A few people who have left a comment on my article about chicken jerky making dogs sick have speculated that duck could be involved too.

The problem is that no one knows what the culprit is! The FDA is investigating but has not been able to figure out why so many dogs are sick.

My best advice would be to avoid any kind of jerky treats at all, especially those made with ingredients from China!

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15122 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10770 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (10897 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (7300 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (11561 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (28847 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (5741 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (9444 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (23541 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (10399 views)