Parvo virus vaccine question.

Breed: poodle
can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?

If a dog is properly vaccinated then it is extremely unlikely for them to get parvo virus.

However, I will often see dogs where the owners think they are vaccinated because they had one shot as a puppy. If a puppy has not had three sets of vaccines, each 3-4 weeks apart then they are not properly vaccinated.

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (14413 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (18703 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (7713 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (12200 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (20528 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (16435 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11899 views)

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (10626 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (17317 views)

Is my dog pregnant? my dog had puppies about 7 months ago and i wasn't home often to make sure her and... (15079 views)