Dog dying of parvo.

Breed: pittbul
sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy and well even when shes sick i want her to love me so please can you list a few things to make her so happy?

1.she cant move
2.shes not eating
3.she will not do tricks

and she will not do any of these well if you can get back to me thanks,your friends kayeanna and sage

I'm very sorry to hear that Sage is so sick. Most dogs with parvo need to be treated by a vet in order to survive. The most important part of treatment is intravenous fluids.

I have seen dogs that have survived with at-home treatment of parvo, but most unfortunately do not.

Even if you can't afford keeping her in the hospital I highly advise that you have a vet look at her. They may be able to prescribe some medication to help her pain level and some electrolytes to help her to get some fluids and also some medication to help with the vomiting.

If you are not able to do this then unfortunately you may need to consider euthanasia. When a dog dies of parvo it is a very painful experience. If she is dying and you can't afford to put her down, in some areas the local humane society will do euthanasia for free or for a reduced fee.

I wish I could give you more encouraging advice, but parvo is a very nasty disease and Sage sounds like she is very uncomfortable.

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11213 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (13891 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (11125 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (4591 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (47176 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10079 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (4662 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (5712 views)

Lipoma on a dog. Hi Dr. Laurie, You gave me such great advice on my cat Bobo, I'm writing about my... (5482 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4185 views)