Indestructible dog toys.

Breed: golden
Hi Dr,

Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness.

Since his neutering Max (9 months) has turned into a very high energy dog and the lack of suitable outlets has led to bad habits (mouthing, nipping, stealing from pockets, grabbing things just to be chased, etc).

I give him 2 x 30 min walks a day. He's much, much better when he's able to chew on toys but he uses his molars and goes through toys faster than I can replenish.

What is a suitable natural chew? Rawhide? Bones? Bullwinkle?

He's already had one of those soggy square rawhides and that led to vomiting (and a trip to the vet).

Jay

I'm glad to hear Max is healthy!

I would agree with you that we need to find him an outlet for his energy.

Here are a few ideas I have for you:

Good chew toys

Another thing that may help are toys that keep his mind occupied. Check these out:

Another thought...if it's doable for you: I have a client with a crazy lab and what they do is take him to doggie daycare at PetSmart 3x a week. He plays insanely with other dogs for 8 hours and is exhausted (and very well behaved) for 2 days!

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (14631 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (26454 views)

High ALKP and bile acids. Hi Dr. Marie I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (11378 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (3098 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (3441 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (5951 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (12524 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (6343 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (9029 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (6131 views)