Indestructible dog toys.

Breed: golden
Hi Dr,

Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness.

Since his neutering Max (9 months) has turned into a very high energy dog and the lack of suitable outlets has led to bad habits (mouthing, nipping, stealing from pockets, grabbing things just to be chased, etc).

I give him 2 x 30 min walks a day. He's much, much better when he's able to chew on toys but he uses his molars and goes through toys faster than I can replenish.

What is a suitable natural chew? Rawhide? Bones? Bullwinkle?

He's already had one of those soggy square rawhides and that led to vomiting (and a trip to the vet).

Jay

I'm glad to hear Max is healthy!

I would agree with you that we need to find him an outlet for his energy.

Here are a few ideas I have for you:

Good chew toys

Another thing that may help are toys that keep his mind occupied. Check these out:

Another thought...if it's doable for you: I have a client with a crazy lab and what they do is take him to doggie daycare at PetSmart 3x a week. He plays insanely with other dogs for 8 hours and is exhausted (and very well behaved) for 2 days!

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (11898 views)

Can't move back legs. I hope you reply quick my dog is dragging both of his back legs he cant stand up but... (16413 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (5244 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (11825 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (63035 views)

Meowing all the time? pain? Hi Dr. Marie Our cat has a virus infection and is on medication, and an eye drops.... (5633 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (3435 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (11722 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (27058 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (7796 views)