Indestructible dog toys.

Breed: golden
Hi Dr,

Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness.

Since his neutering Max (9 months) has turned into a very high energy dog and the lack of suitable outlets has led to bad habits (mouthing, nipping, stealing from pockets, grabbing things just to be chased, etc).

I give him 2 x 30 min walks a day. He's much, much better when he's able to chew on toys but he uses his molars and goes through toys faster than I can replenish.

What is a suitable natural chew? Rawhide? Bones? Bullwinkle?

He's already had one of those soggy square rawhides and that led to vomiting (and a trip to the vet).

Jay

I'm glad to hear Max is healthy!

I would agree with you that we need to find him an outlet for his energy.

Here are a few ideas I have for you:

Good chew toys

Another thing that may help are toys that keep his mind occupied. Check these out:

Another thought...if it's doable for you: I have a client with a crazy lab and what they do is take him to doggie daycare at PetSmart 3x a week. He plays insanely with other dogs for 8 hours and is exhausted (and very well behaved) for 2 days!

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (13141 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (17201 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (3806 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (7448 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (14365 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (5824 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (7042 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (17718 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (5419 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (6162 views)