Indestructible dog toys.

Breed: golden
Hi Dr,

Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness.

Since his neutering Max (9 months) has turned into a very high energy dog and the lack of suitable outlets has led to bad habits (mouthing, nipping, stealing from pockets, grabbing things just to be chased, etc).

I give him 2 x 30 min walks a day. He's much, much better when he's able to chew on toys but he uses his molars and goes through toys faster than I can replenish.

What is a suitable natural chew? Rawhide? Bones? Bullwinkle?

He's already had one of those soggy square rawhides and that led to vomiting (and a trip to the vet).

Jay

I'm glad to hear Max is healthy!

I would agree with you that we need to find him an outlet for his energy.

Here are a few ideas I have for you:

Good chew toys

Another thing that may help are toys that keep his mind occupied. Check these out:

Another thought...if it's doable for you: I have a client with a crazy lab and what they do is take him to doggie daycare at PetSmart 3x a week. He plays insanely with other dogs for 8 hours and is exhausted (and very well behaved) for 2 days!

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (4569 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (23984 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (4993 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (7681 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (8703 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (25087 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (39181 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (5741 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (12299 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (7348 views)