Brown spots on dog's belly.

Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier. He had 2 dark brown spots on his underside, immediately to the right of the penis. I took a picture of them, because I'd never noticed them before, and wanted to see if there was any change in size, color, etc., at a later time.

I gave him a bath 2 days ago, and took a look at that location. Those 2 spots are gone. However, he now has 4 of the same flat, dark brown spots. Three of them are to the left side of the penis, one in on the left side of the penis, and one on his inner thigh.

They look sort of like moles, as they are dark brown. But they are flush to the skin, similar to a freckle. Since the first set of them vanished in a very brief period, I'm not as worried as before--fearing a cancerous lesion.

But I'm still curious to know what these might be. (NOTE: I did try the obvious first; I wiped with a damp cloth to make sure it wasn't dirt or grease.)

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your question!

This is a tough one to answer without seeing the spots that you are talking about.

I have seen dogs that have pigment changes in their skin and can have little "freckles" from time to time.

If this was something like a skin infection then the areas should be itchy and expanding in size, so this doesn't sound like it.

Many times, nipples get mistaken for lesions on a dog, but these wouldn't disappear!

If you'd like to reply I can give you an email address to send me pictures and maybe I can help some more.

I'm out of prednisone. Sammy has been on 2.5mg of prednisone per day for the past two years for... (18995 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (9707 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (24757 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (12930 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (25562 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (7117 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (26715 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (8111 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (34224 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (21822 views)