Brown spots on dog's belly.

Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier. He had 2 dark brown spots on his underside, immediately to the right of the penis. I took a picture of them, because I'd never noticed them before, and wanted to see if there was any change in size, color, etc., at a later time.

I gave him a bath 2 days ago, and took a look at that location. Those 2 spots are gone. However, he now has 4 of the same flat, dark brown spots. Three of them are to the left side of the penis, one in on the left side of the penis, and one on his inner thigh.

They look sort of like moles, as they are dark brown. But they are flush to the skin, similar to a freckle. Since the first set of them vanished in a very brief period, I'm not as worried as before--fearing a cancerous lesion.

But I'm still curious to know what these might be. (NOTE: I did try the obvious first; I wiped with a damp cloth to make sure it wasn't dirt or grease.)

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your question!

This is a tough one to answer without seeing the spots that you are talking about.

I have seen dogs that have pigment changes in their skin and can have little "freckles" from time to time.

If this was something like a skin infection then the areas should be itchy and expanding in size, so this doesn't sound like it.

Many times, nipples get mistaken for lesions on a dog, but these wouldn't disappear!

If you'd like to reply I can give you an email address to send me pictures and maybe I can help some more.

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (6175 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (31906 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (15611 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (62381 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (13638 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (17680 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (32567 views)

Did my dog mate? hello my female dog was on her 2nd heat around 2months ago she got out my garden... (9441 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (16102 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (17824 views)