Brown spots on dog's belly.

Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier. He had 2 dark brown spots on his underside, immediately to the right of the penis. I took a picture of them, because I'd never noticed them before, and wanted to see if there was any change in size, color, etc., at a later time.

I gave him a bath 2 days ago, and took a look at that location. Those 2 spots are gone. However, he now has 4 of the same flat, dark brown spots. Three of them are to the left side of the penis, one in on the left side of the penis, and one on his inner thigh.

They look sort of like moles, as they are dark brown. But they are flush to the skin, similar to a freckle. Since the first set of them vanished in a very brief period, I'm not as worried as before--fearing a cancerous lesion.

But I'm still curious to know what these might be. (NOTE: I did try the obvious first; I wiped with a damp cloth to make sure it wasn't dirt or grease.)

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your question!

This is a tough one to answer without seeing the spots that you are talking about.

I have seen dogs that have pigment changes in their skin and can have little "freckles" from time to time.

If this was something like a skin infection then the areas should be itchy and expanding in size, so this doesn't sound like it.

Many times, nipples get mistaken for lesions on a dog, but these wouldn't disappear!

If you'd like to reply I can give you an email address to send me pictures and maybe I can help some more.

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (41844 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (13720 views)

Dog has wound under arm. I was wondering how I would go about dressing an area on my dog under her arm? It... (9049 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (7270 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (17894 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (4998 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (23168 views)

Fishy smell from dog. My boston terrier puts off a fishy smell. It doesn't happen all the time, but... (31058 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9920 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (76114 views)