Brown spots on dog's belly.

Breed: Yorkshire Terrier
In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire terrier. He had 2 dark brown spots on his underside, immediately to the right of the penis. I took a picture of them, because I'd never noticed them before, and wanted to see if there was any change in size, color, etc., at a later time.

I gave him a bath 2 days ago, and took a look at that location. Those 2 spots are gone. However, he now has 4 of the same flat, dark brown spots. Three of them are to the left side of the penis, one in on the left side of the penis, and one on his inner thigh.

They look sort of like moles, as they are dark brown. But they are flush to the skin, similar to a freckle. Since the first set of them vanished in a very brief period, I'm not as worried as before--fearing a cancerous lesion.

But I'm still curious to know what these might be. (NOTE: I did try the obvious first; I wiped with a damp cloth to make sure it wasn't dirt or grease.)

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your question!

This is a tough one to answer without seeing the spots that you are talking about.

I have seen dogs that have pigment changes in their skin and can have little "freckles" from time to time.

If this was something like a skin infection then the areas should be itchy and expanding in size, so this doesn't sound like it.

Many times, nipples get mistaken for lesions on a dog, but these wouldn't disappear!

If you'd like to reply I can give you an email address to send me pictures and maybe I can help some more.

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (11471 views)

Does parvo affect sperm? My dog, Moose, had Parvo Virus when he was eight months old. Yes, Moose got Parvo... (10616 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (36103 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (8989 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (21459 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (87122 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (23131 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (20055 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (11892 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (17699 views)