Does my dog have mange?

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has been losing fur. He started losing his fur a few weeks ago if not longer. We have changed his food 4 times due to Chico losing his baby teeth. I'm not sure if that has something to do with him losing fur? The places where he lost fur is around his left eye, both ears, on his chest and there on patch on his back. I am very concerned about chico. I had 2 other chihuahua's prior to chico and they never had a problem like this. Chico has been biting and growling more than usual i dont know what thet could be from either. Could chico have mange? My boyfriend and I have made an appt at out bet for chico. Plese respond.

Thank you.

Cassandra and Chico.

Hi Cassandra. I'm wondering if Chico has demodectic mange. You can read more about this condition in this question that I answered:

Demodectic Mange.

Many dogs with demodex have what is called localized demodex and this goes away on its own. But if it is generalized then this can be very serious.

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (22925 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (8600 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10625 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (19270 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (16219 views)

Large lump on dog's side. A lump (about the size of a quarter) showed up suddenly on his side, about an inch... (21626 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6905 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6831 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (9164 views)

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (10078 views)