Does my dog have mange?

Breed: Chihuahua
Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has been losing fur. He started losing his fur a few weeks ago if not longer. We have changed his food 4 times due to Chico losing his baby teeth. I'm not sure if that has something to do with him losing fur? The places where he lost fur is around his left eye, both ears, on his chest and there on patch on his back. I am very concerned about chico. I had 2 other chihuahua's prior to chico and they never had a problem like this. Chico has been biting and growling more than usual i dont know what thet could be from either. Could chico have mange? My boyfriend and I have made an appt at out bet for chico. Plese respond.

Thank you.

Cassandra and Chico.

Hi Cassandra. I'm wondering if Chico has demodectic mange. You can read more about this condition in this question that I answered:

Demodectic Mange.

Many dogs with demodex have what is called localized demodex and this goes away on its own. But if it is generalized then this can be very serious.

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4347 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (5208 views)

Frontline and Sentry? My husband put sentry flea and tick squeeze on our dog 2 days ago,and it didn;t work... (9314 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (9689 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (5594 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (71987 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8375 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (29155 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (9660 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6260 views)