Red spots on dog's back.

Breed: miniture schnauzer
my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan tabletsShe has no fleas but we can see bites on her back area what else can we do?

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

There are many possible answers to this question. If you are seeing lesions on your dog's back then it is possible she has either a bacterial or a fungal infection. If this is the case she is going to need prescription antibiotics or antifungals.

Other possibilities include allergies, sarcoptic mange, drug reactions and many more things.

By far, the best thing I can suggest is to have your vet examine her!

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Pink lump on puppy's belly. Dr, I noticed a wart-like bump on Max's abdomen. I am sending along... (60017 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (3036 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (3538 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (8569 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (7378 views)

Renal failure. Dear Dr. Marie, My 10 year old Yorkie Bobo has been diagnosed with chronic kidney... (9855 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (2138 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (5125 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (17185 views)

Can my cat live with pocket pets? Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and... (6626 views)