Red spots on dog's back.

Breed: miniture schnauzer
my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan tabletsShe has no fleas but we can see bites on her back area what else can we do?

There are many possible answers to this question. If you are seeing lesions on your dog's back then it is possible she has either a bacterial or a fungal infection. If this is the case she is going to need prescription antibiotics or antifungals.

Other possibilities include allergies, sarcoptic mange, drug reactions and many more things.

By far, the best thing I can suggest is to have your vet examine her!

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (11341 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (21514 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (7973 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (6990 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (4844 views)

Can my cat live with pocket pets? Hi I have a pet rat, a guinea pig, a hamster and a cat! The cat is 19 years old, and... (6877 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (10753 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (15746 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (13628 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (46549 views)