Red spots on dog's back.

Breed: miniture schnauzer
my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan tabletsShe has no fleas but we can see bites on her back area what else can we do?

There are many possible answers to this question. If you are seeing lesions on your dog's back then it is possible she has either a bacterial or a fungal infection. If this is the case she is going to need prescription antibiotics or antifungals.

Other possibilities include allergies, sarcoptic mange, drug reactions and many more things.

By far, the best thing I can suggest is to have your vet examine her!

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (5936 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (6774 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (2890 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (5253 views)

Dog had a seizure. My dog had a seizure this morning. She is a 3 ½ year old spayed Whippet/Jack... (8441 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (12787 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (2985 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (3520 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (5174 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (6555 views)