Red spots on dog's back.

Breed: miniture schnauzer
my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan tabletsShe has no fleas but we can see bites on her back area what else can we do?

There are many possible answers to this question. If you are seeing lesions on your dog's back then it is possible she has either a bacterial or a fungal infection. If this is the case she is going to need prescription antibiotics or antifungals.

Other possibilities include allergies, sarcoptic mange, drug reactions and many more things.

By far, the best thing I can suggest is to have your vet examine her!

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (19034 views)

Foot got caught in door. As my 10 lb chiwawa was going back in the house this morning and I was opening the... (24693 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (11630 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (20168 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (25951 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (7259 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (8603 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (6430 views)

Bleeding anal glands. My dog has been having blood drip from his rear. My vet has expressed his anal... (12072 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (62514 views)