Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (25088 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (8383 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (39994 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7313 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (102879 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (8623 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (8546 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (15114 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11649 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (50631 views)