Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (10737 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (32536 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (10330 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (39037 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (21255 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (15892 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (11770 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (16222 views)

Hamster cough. Do hamsters have to have a special treatment when they have got a... (11337 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (5631 views)