Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8629 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (11583 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (18686 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (8025 views)

Regular vs baby aspirin I have run out of baby aspirin so is it ok to give a dog just one low dose bayer... (20802 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (14364 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (8133 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (5270 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (74718 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (41436 views)