Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (13689 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (18276 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (29294 views)

Long term use of Clavasceptin Dear Dr Marie, Our puppy (5 months old) was diagnosed as having a kidney... (12454 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (87825 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (13008 views)

Stress from travel. Hello, I have a question about my cat. He is 3 years old and he arrived in the UK... (6199 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (16537 views)

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (12372 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (29997 views)