Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (19782 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (42004 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (14746 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (47719 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (19452 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (9044 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (11095 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (23090 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (27844 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (13527 views)