Wheezing cat.

Breed: Burmese and Tabby (m
My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse. So I took my stethescope out and had a listen. He was wheezing more on the right than on the left. He is putting up with it at the moment so im going to wait a bit longer until taking him to the vet. What do you think it is?

I am always really concerned when an older cat has any breathing issues.

While asthma is possible I am more concerned that this could be a sign of some fluid in his chest. Fluid is usually the result of either serious heart disease or cancer in the chest.

I urge you to take him in right away. It is really uncomfortable for a cat to be having difficulties with breathing. Cats will do all they can to hide their discomfort.

The vet will likely take some xrays and determine how serious this is. If they do think it is asthma there are several treatment options that are not very expensive and tend to work well.

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (15138 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8417 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (12235 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6274 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (19874 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (8236 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (63289 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (18915 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (12868 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (16384 views)