Not eating and tired cat.

Breed: regular cat
My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking for me to give him food when I'm cooking. Since yesterday he is sleeping all day long not eating. I gave him his favorite wiskas and he didn't even look at it. I try to wake him up and he refuses. I try to make him walk and he just make some very very week steps and them go to sleep everywhere. He still purrs when I touch him but he seems so tired. What is happening with him and how much would it cost to help him go back to normal? I'm unemployed and I don't have a lot of money.

Hi Andres. I'm sorry to hear that Nahuel is not feeling well. The symptoms you have described do have me concerned. When a young cat is this lethargic there is usually something significant going on.

Is it possible that Nahuel has received a bite or a scratch from another cat? If he has a fever from a wound then this can cause the symptoms you have mentioned. While this type of problem can be serious, if caught early enough your vet can treat him with oral antibiotics. This is generally not terribly expensive. In my office it would cost about $80-$100 for the visit plus the medications.

It is also possible that he has a problem with his liver or kidneys which could be more serious. This is more likely if he has ingested something unusual such as certain houseplants.

If he is straining to urinate at all then he could have a urinary tract blockage which is very serious and requires an emergency visit tonight.

Pain can cause a cat to act like this as well. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe to use for cats for pain.

Is he eating anything at all? If so, it is likely ok to wait 24-48 hours to see how things go. But, if he is not eating then he probably should be seen by a vet.

I hope he does ok!

I'm deeply sad to see him like this. Now I was seeing him and he seem to feel pain when I touch one of his legs. I have another cat and they play a lot. May be the other one bite Nahuel. I'm going to try to go tomorrow to a vet.

Thanks for all the information. I hope the problem is just that because I'm very very attached to him.

Thanks again!!

You're very welcome! I really hope he is ok!

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (47749 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (9965 views)

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (10191 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9254 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18964 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (23283 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (11524 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (7199 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (52146 views)

Do allergy wipes work? Do cat wipes work for people who are allergic to feline dander? Are the wipes... (11197 views)