Not eating and tired cat.

Breed: regular cat
My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking for me to give him food when I'm cooking. Since yesterday he is sleeping all day long not eating. I gave him his favorite wiskas and he didn't even look at it. I try to wake him up and he refuses. I try to make him walk and he just make some very very week steps and them go to sleep everywhere. He still purrs when I touch him but he seems so tired. What is happening with him and how much would it cost to help him go back to normal? I'm unemployed and I don't have a lot of money.

Hi Andres. I'm sorry to hear that Nahuel is not feeling well. The symptoms you have described do have me concerned. When a young cat is this lethargic there is usually something significant going on.

Is it possible that Nahuel has received a bite or a scratch from another cat? If he has a fever from a wound then this can cause the symptoms you have mentioned. While this type of problem can be serious, if caught early enough your vet can treat him with oral antibiotics. This is generally not terribly expensive. In my office it would cost about $80-$100 for the visit plus the medications.

It is also possible that he has a problem with his liver or kidneys which could be more serious. This is more likely if he has ingested something unusual such as certain houseplants.

If he is straining to urinate at all then he could have a urinary tract blockage which is very serious and requires an emergency visit tonight.

Pain can cause a cat to act like this as well. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe to use for cats for pain.

Is he eating anything at all? If so, it is likely ok to wait 24-48 hours to see how things go. But, if he is not eating then he probably should be seen by a vet.

I hope he does ok!

I'm deeply sad to see him like this. Now I was seeing him and he seem to feel pain when I touch one of his legs. I have another cat and they play a lot. May be the other one bite Nahuel. I'm going to try to go tomorrow to a vet.

Thanks for all the information. I hope the problem is just that because I'm very very attached to him.

Thanks again!!

You're very welcome! I really hope he is ok!

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (11337 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (10731 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (28692 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (18911 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (13013 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (11285 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (28271 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (14797 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (14934 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (12050 views)