Not eating and tired cat.

Breed: regular cat
My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking for me to give him food when I'm cooking. Since yesterday he is sleeping all day long not eating. I gave him his favorite wiskas and he didn't even look at it. I try to wake him up and he refuses. I try to make him walk and he just make some very very week steps and them go to sleep everywhere. He still purrs when I touch him but he seems so tired. What is happening with him and how much would it cost to help him go back to normal? I'm unemployed and I don't have a lot of money.

Hi Andres. I'm sorry to hear that Nahuel is not feeling well. The symptoms you have described do have me concerned. When a young cat is this lethargic there is usually something significant going on.

Is it possible that Nahuel has received a bite or a scratch from another cat? If he has a fever from a wound then this can cause the symptoms you have mentioned. While this type of problem can be serious, if caught early enough your vet can treat him with oral antibiotics. This is generally not terribly expensive. In my office it would cost about $80-$100 for the visit plus the medications.

It is also possible that he has a problem with his liver or kidneys which could be more serious. This is more likely if he has ingested something unusual such as certain houseplants.

If he is straining to urinate at all then he could have a urinary tract blockage which is very serious and requires an emergency visit tonight.

Pain can cause a cat to act like this as well. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe to use for cats for pain.

Is he eating anything at all? If so, it is likely ok to wait 24-48 hours to see how things go. But, if he is not eating then he probably should be seen by a vet.

I hope he does ok!

I'm deeply sad to see him like this. Now I was seeing him and he seem to feel pain when I touch one of his legs. I have another cat and they play a lot. May be the other one bite Nahuel. I'm going to try to go tomorrow to a vet.

Thanks for all the information. I hope the problem is just that because I'm very very attached to him.

Thanks again!!

You're very welcome! I really hope he is ok!

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (10472 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (10461 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (15201 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (14411 views)

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (10003 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (7586 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (44546 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10912 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43420 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (17133 views)