Can't lift tail.

Breed: Golden Retreiver
my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag it. do you think it could be limp tail syndrome or perhaps maybe she needs her anal glands cleared? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

There is a good possibility that this is limber tail. This article on limber tail should tell you a lot.

Another possibility is a broken tail.

Dogs with limber tail really do well with anti-inflammatory medication so I would definitely recommend a visit to the vet.

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (47385 views)

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (41527 views)

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (6603 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (52385 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (19114 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (15669 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (188548 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (10552 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (53539 views)

Swollen ankle. On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause... (5672 views)