Can I give my cat milk?

Breed: RagDoll kitten
Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made with milk as I n
Know you don't give cats milk and also what sachets of food would you recommend as every one hasbtold me to keep away from whiskers, felixs and i'ams make, thank you very much.
Kathryn

I'm definitely not a fan of giving cats milk. Although they love it, there are two reasons not to. The first is that most cats are slightly lactose intolerant so the milk may give them some cramping in their belly.

The second is that milk will cause the pH of a cat's urine to increase which will make them more likely to get bladder stones or crystals.

There are a number of foods that I recommend for cats including Royal Canin, Science Diet and Iams. Don't believe the bad stuff you have heard about Iams. I actually wrote an article about whether or not Iams is a good food."

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (15216 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (24403 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (25379 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (14522 views)

Should dog be euthanized if he bites? We adopted a lab / hound mix dog from a local shelter. They didn't know much about... (12664 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (8946 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (10794 views)

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (8708 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (31818 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (6256 views)