Can I give my cat milk?

Breed: RagDoll kitten
Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made with milk as I n
Know you don't give cats milk and also what sachets of food would you recommend as every one hasbtold me to keep away from whiskers, felixs and i'ams make, thank you very much.
Kathryn

I'm definitely not a fan of giving cats milk. Although they love it, there are two reasons not to. The first is that most cats are slightly lactose intolerant so the milk may give them some cramping in their belly.

The second is that milk will cause the pH of a cat's urine to increase which will make them more likely to get bladder stones or crystals.

There are a number of foods that I recommend for cats including Royal Canin, Science Diet and Iams. Don't believe the bad stuff you have heard about Iams. I actually wrote an article about whether or not Iams is a good food."

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (23799 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (13473 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (7116 views)

Small Russian Blue Cat. I have a Russian Blue who has recently turned 4 years old (we have had him since 6... (11294 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (8979 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (12284 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11881 views)

Should this tumor be removed? My neice's 8-month old cavoodle has a growth on his shoulder. When we first noticed... (15113 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (23130 views)

Vomiting kittens. I have two kittens, 6 mo. today. Both have received all vaccinations/shots. We had... (21969 views)