Can I give my cat milk?

Breed: RagDoll kitten
Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made with milk as I n
Know you don't give cats milk and also what sachets of food would you recommend as every one hasbtold me to keep away from whiskers, felixs and i'ams make, thank you very much.
Kathryn

I'm definitely not a fan of giving cats milk. Although they love it, there are two reasons not to. The first is that most cats are slightly lactose intolerant so the milk may give them some cramping in their belly.

The second is that milk will cause the pH of a cat's urine to increase which will make them more likely to get bladder stones or crystals.

There are a number of foods that I recommend for cats including Royal Canin, Science Diet and Iams. Don't believe the bad stuff you have heard about Iams. I actually wrote an article about whether or not Iams is a good food."

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (11984 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (9612 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (7593 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (22037 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and... (15411 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (18868 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (34083 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (44738 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (33950 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (3924 views)