Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11534 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13995 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (8241 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5962 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10197 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (26796 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (6914 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (16088 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (11610 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17158 views)