Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (9921 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8847 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (88030 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (16445 views)

Treatments for constipated cat. Good morning Dr Marie, This is the second time I have used your service. I was... (5073 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (12472 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (9372 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (21798 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (9314 views)

Homeopathic treatment of FIP. Hello, My cat is verified (80% confirmed) to infect FIP(wet type). The vet told... (14657 views)