Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Food to dissolve bladder stones. We have a 12-13 year old dog who has been diagnosed with 5 large stones in her... (17270 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (9402 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (7221 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (17223 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (10722 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (5215 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21859 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (45754 views)

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (16886 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (153451 views)