Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7201 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (9776 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (117386 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (10506 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19685 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (5062 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (4953 views)

Dog ate vetoryl My younger dog ate some food that had vetoryl in it meant for my older dog. Will it... (15383 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (26806 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (58311 views)