Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (19429 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (5273 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7442 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (19102 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (27399 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (19949 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (10023 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (15102 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (15126 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (8322 views)