Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18915 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (9205 views)

Both dogs having seizures I have 2 dogs. Molly the mixbreed started acting strange about a week ago. not... (11634 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (243728 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (15060 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (9022 views)

Cat has diarrhea. Hi, Our cat has diarrhea - it seems that she licks and licks herself and then it... (8517 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (12502 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (5833 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (15400 views)