Conjunctivitis zoonotic?

Breed: king charles spaniel
My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who spends time with my dog has now got conjunctivitis. Could she have caught it from my dog?

As far as we know, there are no types of conjunctivitis that are contagious from dog to people or vice versa. The organism that causes pink eye in people does not affect dogs.

I know it may be hard to believe, but the fact that both the child and the dog have an eye infection really is just a coincidence.

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (14885 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (11179 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (11624 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (8108 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (42957 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (25269 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (20599 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (31961 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (50561 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (16224 views)