Rodent ulcer treatment options.

Breed: demist medium hair
My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes steroids and clears up it happens this time of year its been two yrs this time the steroids aren't helping what should I do

Sorry to hear that Autum is having problems with rodent ulcers (also known as eosinophilic granuloma complex). Is Autum receiving oral or injectible steroids?

I usually find that one (sometimes two) injections of steroids will almost always take care of this problem. However there are some cats that become resistant to steroids for this problem.

Your vet can help you decide on an alternative treatment, but some options include:

• A topical steroid (assuming the lesion is in an area where you can put a cream or steroid drop)

• Topical tacrolimus which is an immunosuppressive medication.

• A medication called cyclosporin or atopica - It can be a little pricey, but often works well.

• If the lesions are more on the inside of the mouth, you may be dealing with feline stomatitis. Often these cats do well with full mouth extractions.

I hope things are ok soon!

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (17391 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (15674 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (15796 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (27802 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (9802 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (9611 views)

Kitten with runny nose. my kitten has had a runny nose with bad sneezing for 4 weeks now, shes eatting,... (15812 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (21073 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (9729 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (9963 views)