Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (20643 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (25358 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (9769 views)

Does my dog have cushing's? Hi Dr. Marie, I took my almost 10 y/o lab to the vet because she has been waking... (7373 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (6460 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (19395 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (12810 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (19923 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (12803 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (9934 views)