Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (26916 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (16510 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (28033 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (21484 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12326 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (10105 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (17441 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30662 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7423 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13549 views)