Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

Will mating kill my dog? i have had my dog for 2 weeks an she has just mated with my brothers dog but the... (7277 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (23031 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10179 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (12957 views)

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (10273 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (5695 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (11093 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (40629 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8627 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9004 views)