Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (13344 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (5792 views)

Runny eyes in a persian. Hi there I just recently got Chewey who is a extreme flat face persian and his eyes... (20003 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (46577 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (25940 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (7579 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (6402 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (22890 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (7404 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (14228 views)