Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (8347 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (17802 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (54424 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (15101 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (8644 views)

Bladder stones again. Hi there My cat had 100% blockage of urethra in Sept 2009, and underwent PU... (11549 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (12237 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5657 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (15363 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54439 views)