Bald spot on cat's tail.

Breed: domestic
By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back? as, he has been through enough health issues before I adopted him 3 years ago & doing a bit better

This is a tough question to answer without examining Ricky but I can give you a few thoughts.

Is he neutered? If not, then this could be something called stud-tail. There are glands in this area that can get inflamed and can cause hair loss.

If the baldness is right near where the tail meets the rest of the body then fleas are definitely a possibility even if you can't see them.

Otherwise, there are many other possibilities. If it is not improving then a vet visit is likely necessary.

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8076 views)

Bald spots on bulldog's legs. We purchased a baby bulldog about a month ago. We already had a bulldog, Mina, and... (22645 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (10366 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (7364 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (32110 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (13399 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (108786 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (65910 views)

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (26053 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (12760 views)