Black poop and worms.

Breed: dachsund
my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has lost about 20 pounds and is less than skin and bones now and can barely walk now and is pooping black poop...what should we do?

Hi Alexis...sorry to hear that Fritz is having problems. What you have described really does have me concerned.

While parasites can cause some weight loss they don't usually cause the severity of symptoms that you have described.

Black stool can be a sign of bleeding in the stomach which could be because of a stomach ulcer or possibly a tumor in the stomach.

Your dog does really need to see a veterinarian as soon as possible. If I were seeing Fritz I would likely do some bloodwork and xrays. It is not a bad idea to do a fecal exam to look for other types of parasites that general dewormers do not cover. However, I think this is something much more serious than parasites.

I wish I could tell you more. If she has lost this much weight and is having this much difficulty moving around there is likely not a home remedy that can be done. Hopefully Fritz can see a vet tomorrow. Your vet will help you decide how serious this is and whether or not she can be treated.

I really hope she is ok!

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (27722 views)

Do dogs get sciatica? Hi, about three weeks ago zues' back legs seemed week and clumsy and he was dripping... (14084 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (9295 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11741 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (50472 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (11615 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7592 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6990 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (12555 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13113 views)