Vet care discount for seniors.

Breed: Kind of ginger
My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check up done and i dont know how much will it cost,my parents are pensioners, i want to know for pensioners is it free and i want to give an injection to my cat. please respond to this question ASAP. thank you very much

Thanks for your question.

If a cat vomits once or twice I don't get concerned. However, if a cat is vomiting repeatedly and especially if she is not eating then she needs to be seen by a vet.

There will be a cost to see the vet. Some vet clinics will give a discount for seniors but usually not a lot (like maybe 10%). The reason for this is that there is no government funding for vet clinics. Each clinic is a business and has its own bills and staff to pay.

Hopefully your kitten is feeling better soon!

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11368 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (23811 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (58623 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8361 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (9544 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (5664 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (13176 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (7832 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (27429 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (14424 views)