Chattering jaw.

Breed: Lhasa Apso
my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for a couple of seconds. also his chest starts pulsing really fast...very visible (it doesnt happen at the same time.) in his little face you can see sadness. breaks my heart. please please can you give me you opinion.

Is Chubacca neutered? If not, some male dogs will chatter as a sexual habit. He may be sensing a female in heat in your neighborhood.

If he is neutered, then you may want to have your vet examine him to determine if there is pain anywhere. Back pain could possibly cause him to do this. Another possibility is dental pain.

I hope he is ok!

Time for euthanasia? My dog Juliet is 12 1/2 years old. She is a black lab with Addison's disease which... (14443 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (12522 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (22946 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (83270 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11979 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (22776 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (12980 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (18418 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (11102 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (36726 views)