Vomiting all food.

Breed: long hair
My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly impossible for her to eat (she would seem to be choking), and she would throw up any food she actually got down. She eventually got to the point where she can eat, but she begs for food as though she's starving, is very skinny, and still throws up several times per day. It's as if she's a bulimic cat. She seems normal in every other way, looks good (but skinny), and is still fairly young. This has been ongoing for YEARS. She's been taken to several different vets and tested for everything obvious (diabetes, etc), but no one seems to know what's wrong. What condition might they be overlooking? My mom is considering putting her to sleep if she doesn't find an answer, because she thinks she must be suffering. Thanks!

This is a tough question to answer!

Has she had xrays done? I would be wondering about a foreign object in her stomach. She may need to have a barium series of xrays done to determine if there is an object there.

You can also talk to your vet about the possibility of inflammatory bowel disease, although it shouldn't cause vomiting as severe as this.

The next step, if the xrays did not show anything may be to have an exploratory surgery done to determine what is going on with her stomach.

This is definitely not a normal problem and I would highly advise doing some more tests until we figure out what the issue is!

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5171 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (13675 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (7979 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (11189 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11371 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (9737 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (23352 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5102 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (7968 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (27755 views)