Vomiting all food.

Breed: long hair
My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly impossible for her to eat (she would seem to be choking), and she would throw up any food she actually got down. She eventually got to the point where she can eat, but she begs for food as though she's starving, is very skinny, and still throws up several times per day. It's as if she's a bulimic cat. She seems normal in every other way, looks good (but skinny), and is still fairly young. This has been ongoing for YEARS. She's been taken to several different vets and tested for everything obvious (diabetes, etc), but no one seems to know what's wrong. What condition might they be overlooking? My mom is considering putting her to sleep if she doesn't find an answer, because she thinks she must be suffering. Thanks!

This is a tough question to answer!

Has she had xrays done? I would be wondering about a foreign object in her stomach. She may need to have a barium series of xrays done to determine if there is an object there.

You can also talk to your vet about the possibility of inflammatory bowel disease, although it shouldn't cause vomiting as severe as this.

The next step, if the xrays did not show anything may be to have an exploratory surgery done to determine what is going on with her stomach.

This is definitely not a normal problem and I would highly advise doing some more tests until we figure out what the issue is!

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (6048 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17745 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (6230 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (14246 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (77905 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16216 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (7188 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (12327 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24774 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (42143 views)