How to get guinea pig to gain weight.

Breed: guinea pig
Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she does't want any more. I named her rose But she is VERY skinny and also shy. What are the tip of food that can fatten her up AND FAST. I have gave her LOTS of cuddles. Can I let her met my other guinea pig? A male one.

I highly recommend a good quality guinea pig food. Be sure that you buy food that is within 3 months of its milling date. Otherwise, after that the vitamin C will degrade, and vitamin C is very important for a guinea pig's health.

I would not recommend letting your male and female guinea pig be with each other as they are likely to mate. There are a lot of possible complications if she gets pregnant. Most guinea pigs over 7 months of age will need a C-Section in order to have babies. And a C-Section can be very expensive.

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (6414 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12993 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (17902 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (24941 views)

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (5384 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14835 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (19580 views)

Can a dog be born with rabies. does dog have rabbies when they were... (13866 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (17909 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19810 views)