How to get guinea pig to gain weight.

Breed: guinea pig
Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she does't want any more. I named her rose But she is VERY skinny and also shy. What are the tip of food that can fatten her up AND FAST. I have gave her LOTS of cuddles. Can I let her met my other guinea pig? A male one.

I highly recommend a good quality guinea pig food. Be sure that you buy food that is within 3 months of its milling date. Otherwise, after that the vitamin C will degrade, and vitamin C is very important for a guinea pig's health.

I would not recommend letting your male and female guinea pig be with each other as they are likely to mate. There are a lot of possible complications if she gets pregnant. Most guinea pigs over 7 months of age will need a C-Section in order to have babies. And a C-Section can be very expensive.

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4491 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8161 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (76430 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (18904 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7544 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6696 views)

Cooked garlic safety? I have 2 dogs. An 8 pound shipoo and a 20 pound mini shnauzer. The shipoo has... (6714 views)

Red spots on dog's back. my dog scraches all the time i use oatmeal based shampoo--even given her phenergan... (4723 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12099 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14727 views)