Is my cat pregnant?

Breed: DSH
we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or more. she is very affectionate, neading and purring most of the time. she has prominate nipples and a round little belly. i have tryed to feel her belly to see if she might be pregnant but can't seem to feel anything. how could i tell if she is spayed? she also has extra skin hanging from her belly which also makes me think she has been spayed.

sorry, i don't have a credit card. it's hard for me to get one.

thank you

Sometimes when a cat is spayed we can see a very tiny scar about 1/4-1/2 inch long just below her belly button. We often have to shave the hair to see this. Just because she has belly fat doesn't necessarily mean that she is spayed.

If her nipples are prominent she very well may be pregnant. Cats carry a pregnancy for 63 days, so you may expect some kittens soon. It would be very difficult for you to feel kittens inside of her, but an experienced vet may be able to do so.

There are other possibilities for a large belly including a very serious virus called FIP.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon!

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (24967 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (9944 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (10458 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (10756 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (64964 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (7629 views)

Strange problem with cat. I am having a serious issue. I have an 11 year old female indoor cat, never fixed. ... (12300 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (7772 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (14848 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (90243 views)