Is my cat pregnant?

Breed: DSH
we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or more. she is very affectionate, neading and purring most of the time. she has prominate nipples and a round little belly. i have tryed to feel her belly to see if she might be pregnant but can't seem to feel anything. how could i tell if she is spayed? she also has extra skin hanging from her belly which also makes me think she has been spayed.

sorry, i don't have a credit card. it's hard for me to get one.

thank you

Sometimes when a cat is spayed we can see a very tiny scar about 1/4-1/2 inch long just below her belly button. We often have to shave the hair to see this. Just because she has belly fat doesn't necessarily mean that she is spayed.

If her nipples are prominent she very well may be pregnant. Cats carry a pregnancy for 63 days, so you may expect some kittens soon. It would be very difficult for you to feel kittens inside of her, but an experienced vet may be able to do so.

There are other possibilities for a large belly including a very serious virus called FIP.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon!

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (33129 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (6686 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (22084 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (9080 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (40643 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (9164 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (14437 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (12496 views)

Older dog won't eat. My dog is a mutt, 14yrs old, and has been acting strangely as of late. She doesn't... (12390 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (71446 views)