Is my cat pregnant?

Breed: DSH
we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or more. she is very affectionate, neading and purring most of the time. she has prominate nipples and a round little belly. i have tryed to feel her belly to see if she might be pregnant but can't seem to feel anything. how could i tell if she is spayed? she also has extra skin hanging from her belly which also makes me think she has been spayed.

sorry, i don't have a credit card. it's hard for me to get one.

thank you

Sometimes when a cat is spayed we can see a very tiny scar about 1/4-1/2 inch long just below her belly button. We often have to shave the hair to see this. Just because she has belly fat doesn't necessarily mean that she is spayed.

If her nipples are prominent she very well may be pregnant. Cats carry a pregnancy for 63 days, so you may expect some kittens soon. It would be very difficult for you to feel kittens inside of her, but an experienced vet may be able to do so.

There are other possibilities for a large belly including a very serious virus called FIP.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon!

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (29676 views)

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9972 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (50785 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14837 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (17459 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (18556 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (14593 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (15984 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6763 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (10298 views)