Is my cat pregnant?

Breed: DSH
we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or more. she is very affectionate, neading and purring most of the time. she has prominate nipples and a round little belly. i have tryed to feel her belly to see if she might be pregnant but can't seem to feel anything. how could i tell if she is spayed? she also has extra skin hanging from her belly which also makes me think she has been spayed.

sorry, i don't have a credit card. it's hard for me to get one.

thank you

Sometimes when a cat is spayed we can see a very tiny scar about 1/4-1/2 inch long just below her belly button. We often have to shave the hair to see this. Just because she has belly fat doesn't necessarily mean that she is spayed.

If her nipples are prominent she very well may be pregnant. Cats carry a pregnancy for 63 days, so you may expect some kittens soon. It would be very difficult for you to feel kittens inside of her, but an experienced vet may be able to do so.

There are other possibilities for a large belly including a very serious virus called FIP.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon!

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (17080 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (25709 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (12795 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (22058 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (9362 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (7602 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (7555 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (15411 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (17954 views)

Discoid lupus treatment. Hi. I live in rural Peru. After many wrong diagnoses, a vet here diagnosed Diego... (8889 views)