Is my cat pregnant?

Breed: DSH
we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or more. she is very affectionate, neading and purring most of the time. she has prominate nipples and a round little belly. i have tryed to feel her belly to see if she might be pregnant but can't seem to feel anything. how could i tell if she is spayed? she also has extra skin hanging from her belly which also makes me think she has been spayed.

sorry, i don't have a credit card. it's hard for me to get one.

thank you

Sometimes when a cat is spayed we can see a very tiny scar about 1/4-1/2 inch long just below her belly button. We often have to shave the hair to see this. Just because she has belly fat doesn't necessarily mean that she is spayed.

If her nipples are prominent she very well may be pregnant. Cats carry a pregnancy for 63 days, so you may expect some kittens soon. It would be very difficult for you to feel kittens inside of her, but an experienced vet may be able to do so.

There are other possibilities for a large belly including a very serious virus called FIP.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at her soon!

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (21206 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8368 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (14007 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (24459 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (8107 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45441 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (81015 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15734 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (10023 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (14213 views)