Swollen ankle.

Breed: Doberman
On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause the house is hardwood floors. Well that night he was acting weird and this morning 4/11/12 he was limping and I noticed his right ankle was swollen to the size of a golfball compared to his left ankle. What can I do? I tried icing it and my fiancé tried to bandage it, but the dog growled and then snapped. ( note: this dog has never been anything more the friendly and for him to growle and try to bite is how I know he is in pain)

Any time that I have seen a joint swell to this extent, there is something serious going on.

It's possible that Zeus has a bad sprain, or even a fracture.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet examine him. They will likely need to do some xrays.

If there is no fracture then they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication which will really help. Zeus will need to be kept quiet until this has healed which could take several weeks.

I hope things are ok!

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (10126 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (5047 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (10879 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (8755 views)

Bald patches on cats. I have twin cats, brother and sister. They are indoor cats and both overweight. They... (6663 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (9671 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (8928 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (20211 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (30845 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (37217 views)