Swollen ankle.

Breed: Doberman
On 4/10/12 our dog was running down the hallway as usual and slipped as usual cause the house is hardwood floors. Well that night he was acting weird and this morning 4/11/12 he was limping and I noticed his right ankle was swollen to the size of a golfball compared to his left ankle. What can I do? I tried icing it and my fiancé tried to bandage it, but the dog growled and then snapped. ( note: this dog has never been anything more the friendly and for him to growle and try to bite is how I know he is in pain)

Any time that I have seen a joint swell to this extent, there is something serious going on.

It's possible that Zeus has a bad sprain, or even a fracture.

I would highly recommend that you have your vet examine him. They will likely need to do some xrays.

If there is no fracture then they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication which will really help. Zeus will need to be kept quiet until this has healed which could take several weeks.

I hope things are ok!

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (10496 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (4397 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (22423 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (12956 views)

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (20021 views)

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (56932 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (16946 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15016 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4435 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (6945 views)