How often to bathe a dog?

Breed: Black lab
I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often should I bathe her?

For most dogs I don't recommend much bathing unless they really need it. For a dog like a lab, a bath a couple of times per year could be sufficient. However, if he gets into something and is stinky then you can do it more frequently.

For dogs that need haircuts regularly (i.e. shih tzus, etc) I recommend having the groomer do a bath when they are groomed.

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12135 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (5101 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9172 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (11071 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (6839 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11638 views)

Cat not doing well. Hi Dr. Marie, First I want to say I love your page on Facebook and I am a big Fan... (8089 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6057 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (13160 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (15809 views)