How often to bathe a dog?

Breed: Black lab
I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often should I bathe her?

For most dogs I don't recommend much bathing unless they really need it. For a dog like a lab, a bath a couple of times per year could be sufficient. However, if he gets into something and is stinky then you can do it more frequently.

For dogs that need haircuts regularly (i.e. shih tzus, etc) I recommend having the groomer do a bath when they are groomed.

Tumor grew back. Hello, Our cat Chester had a tumor removed, sarcoma, about the size of a large golf... (6276 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (6147 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (54873 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (14679 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (76671 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5548 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (29964 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (4203 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (6851 views)

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (11528 views)