Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks?

Breed: labrador
We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we vaccinate them for parvo a couple of days before they turn 6 weeks old?

It is not recommended to do a parvo vaccine before 6 weeks of age. It is very unlikely to be of any use.

The reason for this is that the pups will have something called maternal immunity which is some immunity that they have received from their mother. If we vaccinate during this period, the vaccine is not effective.

There is likely no harm in doing the parvo vaccine early but there is really no benefit.

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (19758 views)

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (18252 views)

Swollen ear with pus. my dogs ear has suddenly become really swollen with what seems like puss it is very... (9514 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (14880 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (23977 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (13462 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7919 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (58012 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (23938 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (8476 views)