Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks?

Breed: labrador
We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we vaccinate them for parvo a couple of days before they turn 6 weeks old?

It is not recommended to do a parvo vaccine before 6 weeks of age. It is very unlikely to be of any use.

The reason for this is that the pups will have something called maternal immunity which is some immunity that they have received from their mother. If we vaccinate during this period, the vaccine is not effective.

There is likely no harm in doing the parvo vaccine early but there is really no benefit.

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (11159 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (10516 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (54096 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (40665 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15071 views)

Mass on dog's cheek. My dog recently had a cotton ball size mass on her "cheek". Someone told me it was... (9714 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (10634 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10471 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (5497 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (4576 views)