Swollen face after fight.

Breed: Miniature Pinscher
My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have scabbed over, howver her face is really swollen and she appears to be in a great deal of pain. Is there anything that I can give her for pain/swelling? She weighs approximately 20 lbs.

This dog needs to see a vet right away. You should not be trying to treat her at home.

If her face is swollen she possibly has some abscessed wounds. There is no at home treatment for this.

She will likely need a prescription of antibiotics and pain medication.

Please don't wait too long to have her seen. If this infection goes untreated it can be very very serious.

Salt lick for dogs? My dog is constantly licking things (windows, sprinkler heads, feet, floors, ect)... (54967 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (7378 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (21156 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (15336 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (16276 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (90343 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (9994 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8625 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (17934 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (7601 views)