Swollen face after fight.

Breed: Miniature Pinscher
My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have scabbed over, howver her face is really swollen and she appears to be in a great deal of pain. Is there anything that I can give her for pain/swelling? She weighs approximately 20 lbs.

This dog needs to see a vet right away. You should not be trying to treat her at home.

If her face is swollen she possibly has some abscessed wounds. There is no at home treatment for this.

She will likely need a prescription of antibiotics and pain medication.

Please don't wait too long to have her seen. If this infection goes untreated it can be very very serious.

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (13811 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9022 views)

Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog. My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit... (9476 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (46736 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (4940 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (6826 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7424 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (9611 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (36351 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11272 views)