Swollen face after fight.

Breed: Miniature Pinscher
My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have scabbed over, howver her face is really swollen and she appears to be in a great deal of pain. Is there anything that I can give her for pain/swelling? She weighs approximately 20 lbs.

This dog needs to see a vet right away. You should not be trying to treat her at home.

If her face is swollen she possibly has some abscessed wounds. There is no at home treatment for this.

She will likely need a prescription of antibiotics and pain medication.

Please don't wait too long to have her seen. If this infection goes untreated it can be very very serious.

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (6290 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9812 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (17805 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12723 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (32998 views)

Vomiting and runny eyes. Hello Doc! My cat Princess started throwing up this morning. First two times was... (42877 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (11492 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (28672 views)

Indestructible dog toys. Hi Dr, Fortunately I'm not writing about an illness. Since his neutering Max... (11534 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25940 views)