43 days pregnant and not eating.

Breed: GREAT DANE
MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1 DAILY, HER RIB CAGE HAS SWOLLEN, TITS LITTLE PINK AND BIG, IS IT NORMAL, WHEN WILL SHE PICK UP EATING AGAIN

It is quite common for dogs to go through a period of "morning sickness" during their pregnancy. However, it is usually around 3 weeks or 21 days into their pregnancy.

If this continues it may be that there is a problem with her pregnancy such as an infection in her uterus or other concerns.

If she goes more than 48 hours without eating or seems to be getting worse then the next step is to do some blood tests to determine if there is a serious problem.

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (30734 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (11060 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (8877 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (15961 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (8230 views)

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (9262 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (27517 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (7008 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21839 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (15590 views)