Dog ate food with onions.

Breed: maltipoo
my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick badly?

Onion can be toxic to a dog, but usually where we see problems are if a dog has either a massive amount at one time, or if a dog gets small amounts every single day for a long period of time.

A single time of eating a sausage with some onion in it is not likely to cause problems.

I would be more concerned about the fat content of the sausage as it could cause pancreatitis, so if your dog is vomiting and has diarrhea then a vet visit is a good idea.

Incidentally, onions are toxic because they destroy red blood cells. So, if you notice your dog being extraordinarily tired or having pale gums then I would have him checked. But, this is extremely unlikely.

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (8423 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7617 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (35881 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (35203 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (14400 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (19157 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11836 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (6949 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4686 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (13369 views)