Dog ate food with onions.

Breed: maltipoo
my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick badly?

Onion can be toxic to a dog, but usually where we see problems are if a dog has either a massive amount at one time, or if a dog gets small amounts every single day for a long period of time.

A single time of eating a sausage with some onion in it is not likely to cause problems.

I would be more concerned about the fat content of the sausage as it could cause pancreatitis, so if your dog is vomiting and has diarrhea then a vet visit is a good idea.

Incidentally, onions are toxic because they destroy red blood cells. So, if you notice your dog being extraordinarily tired or having pale gums then I would have him checked. But, this is extremely unlikely.

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (85633 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (20833 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (32131 views)

What is this red lump on my dog's leg? dear dr marie, in the last week this oozy boil-like bump has shown up on my dog`s... (292194 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (12699 views)

Cancer or hairball? Mama Kitty has a lower abdomen mass. She is 5 lbs. The vet suspects cancer, although... (17906 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (37518 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (7582 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (13065 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (13877 views)