Dog ate food with onions.

Breed: maltipoo
my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick badly?

Onion can be toxic to a dog, but usually where we see problems are if a dog has either a massive amount at one time, or if a dog gets small amounts every single day for a long period of time.

A single time of eating a sausage with some onion in it is not likely to cause problems.

I would be more concerned about the fat content of the sausage as it could cause pancreatitis, so if your dog is vomiting and has diarrhea then a vet visit is a good idea.

Incidentally, onions are toxic because they destroy red blood cells. So, if you notice your dog being extraordinarily tired or having pale gums then I would have him checked. But, this is extremely unlikely.

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (19088 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (14804 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (13752 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (19777 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (19070 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (21326 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (19655 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (9737 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (7166 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (11827 views)