Ear Cleaning.

Breed: yorkie
I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs irritated ear iching.and if so,would you recomend this?or what would be your advise.is there any dangerous side affects to this that could harm my dog's ear or anything else.what would be a sign of infection or something is terribly wrong?In fact I got word of this remedy from a pet show on tv that I did'nt get full knowledge of,so before I try this because my dog is having these problems I want to be sure nothing would happen to her.Thank you in advance I'll be waiting on your response.

Vinegar and water can be used as an ear cleaner in dogs. (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.) It can be used for minor ear cleansing.

However, if your dog's ears are itchy it is likely that there is an infection. Often ear infections will be either yeast or bacteria or a combination of both. If there is an infection present then prescription medications from your vet are necessary.

Some dogs will have itchy ears because of allergies. If this is the case, vinegar and water will not likely help.

It is certainly worth a try to use the solution to see how things go. Another option is to try an over the counter ear cleanser (which is usually a little less irritating than vinegar and water.) However, if the problem continues a vet visit is necessary.

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7259 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (15317 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (6197 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (9816 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (17331 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (5459 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22209 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (6314 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10298 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (18427 views)