Ear Cleaning.

Breed: yorkie
I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs irritated ear iching.and if so,would you recomend this?or what would be your advise.is there any dangerous side affects to this that could harm my dog's ear or anything else.what would be a sign of infection or something is terribly wrong?In fact I got word of this remedy from a pet show on tv that I did'nt get full knowledge of,so before I try this because my dog is having these problems I want to be sure nothing would happen to her.Thank you in advance I'll be waiting on your response.

Vinegar and water can be used as an ear cleaner in dogs. (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.) It can be used for minor ear cleansing.

However, if your dog's ears are itchy it is likely that there is an infection. Often ear infections will be either yeast or bacteria or a combination of both. If there is an infection present then prescription medications from your vet are necessary.

Some dogs will have itchy ears because of allergies. If this is the case, vinegar and water will not likely help.

It is certainly worth a try to use the solution to see how things go. Another option is to try an over the counter ear cleanser (which is usually a little less irritating than vinegar and water.) However, if the problem continues a vet visit is necessary.

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (12225 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (12021 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (11312 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (22130 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (10488 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (35331 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11918 views)

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39302 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (8345 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10322 views)