Ear Cleaning.

Breed: yorkie
I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs irritated ear iching.and if so,would you recomend this?or what would be your advise.is there any dangerous side affects to this that could harm my dog's ear or anything else.what would be a sign of infection or something is terribly wrong?In fact I got word of this remedy from a pet show on tv that I did'nt get full knowledge of,so before I try this because my dog is having these problems I want to be sure nothing would happen to her.Thank you in advance I'll be waiting on your response.

Vinegar and water can be used as an ear cleaner in dogs. (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.) It can be used for minor ear cleansing.

However, if your dog's ears are itchy it is likely that there is an infection. Often ear infections will be either yeast or bacteria or a combination of both. If there is an infection present then prescription medications from your vet are necessary.

Some dogs will have itchy ears because of allergies. If this is the case, vinegar and water will not likely help.

It is certainly worth a try to use the solution to see how things go. Another option is to try an over the counter ear cleanser (which is usually a little less irritating than vinegar and water.) However, if the problem continues a vet visit is necessary.

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (41717 views)

Old dog with mammary lump Gizmo, our shihtzu is naturally slowing due to age- her hearing is gone - her sight... (10721 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (10776 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11837 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (41543 views)

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (29626 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (21814 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (5745 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7930 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (13221 views)