Ear Cleaning.

Breed: yorkie
I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs irritated ear iching.and if so,would you recomend this?or what would be your advise.is there any dangerous side affects to this that could harm my dog's ear or anything else.what would be a sign of infection or something is terribly wrong?In fact I got word of this remedy from a pet show on tv that I did'nt get full knowledge of,so before I try this because my dog is having these problems I want to be sure nothing would happen to her.Thank you in advance I'll be waiting on your response.

Vinegar and water can be used as an ear cleaner in dogs. (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.) It can be used for minor ear cleansing.

However, if your dog's ears are itchy it is likely that there is an infection. Often ear infections will be either yeast or bacteria or a combination of both. If there is an infection present then prescription medications from your vet are necessary.

Some dogs will have itchy ears because of allergies. If this is the case, vinegar and water will not likely help.

It is certainly worth a try to use the solution to see how things go. Another option is to try an over the counter ear cleanser (which is usually a little less irritating than vinegar and water.) However, if the problem continues a vet visit is necessary.

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (9766 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7762 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (15203 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (8187 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5899 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30841 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13537 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (58719 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (8010 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (10352 views)