Ear Cleaning.

Breed: yorkie
I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs irritated ear iching.and if so,would you recomend this?or what would be your advise.is there any dangerous side affects to this that could harm my dog's ear or anything else.what would be a sign of infection or something is terribly wrong?In fact I got word of this remedy from a pet show on tv that I did'nt get full knowledge of,so before I try this because my dog is having these problems I want to be sure nothing would happen to her.Thank you in advance I'll be waiting on your response.

Vinegar and water can be used as an ear cleaner in dogs. (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.) It can be used for minor ear cleansing.

However, if your dog's ears are itchy it is likely that there is an infection. Often ear infections will be either yeast or bacteria or a combination of both. If there is an infection present then prescription medications from your vet are necessary.

Some dogs will have itchy ears because of allergies. If this is the case, vinegar and water will not likely help.

It is certainly worth a try to use the solution to see how things go. Another option is to try an over the counter ear cleanser (which is usually a little less irritating than vinegar and water.) However, if the problem continues a vet visit is necessary.

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (6324 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15656 views)

Rottweiler can't stand. Hello, We have a 13 year old Rott who was diagnosed with arthritis of the spine. ... (28463 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (5030 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (6835 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (63297 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6389 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7231 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (9845 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4512 views)