Reduce allergies to cats.

Breed: I don't have a cat..
I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is a medication you can give YOUR CAT to make you less allergic to them. Is this true and if so what is the name of this medication?

I wish there was a medication that you could give to cats so that people would not be allergic!!!

I doubt that the medication you have seen advertised is effective but you can respond and give me a link or the name and I can research it for you.

When people are allergic to cats they are usually allergic to the dandruff or dying skin cells from a cat. There are a few things that you can do for your cat that may help to reduce the amount of dander that is produced.

One thing would be to use a high quality food. With most cat food you tend to get what you pay for.

Another thing would be to add some omega fatty acids to the cat's food. This will help with the health of the coat and reduce the shedding and dander.

You will find products advertised that are wipes that you wipe down the back of the cat to reduce the dander. Really, you can get the same effect if you use a moist paper towel to do this once a day.

I hope that helps!

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (16675 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (17195 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (11421 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (8548 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (6565 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (22930 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (12342 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (36038 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (15062 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (17377 views)