Reduce allergies to cats.

Breed: I don't have a cat..
I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is a medication you can give YOUR CAT to make you less allergic to them. Is this true and if so what is the name of this medication?

I wish there was a medication that you could give to cats so that people would not be allergic!!!

I doubt that the medication you have seen advertised is effective but you can respond and give me a link or the name and I can research it for you.

When people are allergic to cats they are usually allergic to the dandruff or dying skin cells from a cat. There are a few things that you can do for your cat that may help to reduce the amount of dander that is produced.

One thing would be to use a high quality food. With most cat food you tend to get what you pay for.

Another thing would be to add some omega fatty acids to the cat's food. This will help with the health of the coat and reduce the shedding and dander.

You will find products advertised that are wipes that you wipe down the back of the cat to reduce the dander. Really, you can get the same effect if you use a moist paper towel to do this once a day.

I hope that helps!

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6550 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (5556 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (17290 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (9373 views)

Peeing in house. My cat has recently started urinating outside of her litter box again. She is about... (8015 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (36353 views)

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (21470 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (10098 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (13480 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (63095 views)