Reduce allergies to cats.

Breed: I don't have a cat..
I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is a medication you can give YOUR CAT to make you less allergic to them. Is this true and if so what is the name of this medication?

I wish there was a medication that you could give to cats so that people would not be allergic!!!

I doubt that the medication you have seen advertised is effective but you can respond and give me a link or the name and I can research it for you.

When people are allergic to cats they are usually allergic to the dandruff or dying skin cells from a cat. There are a few things that you can do for your cat that may help to reduce the amount of dander that is produced.

One thing would be to use a high quality food. With most cat food you tend to get what you pay for.

Another thing would be to add some omega fatty acids to the cat's food. This will help with the health of the coat and reduce the shedding and dander.

You will find products advertised that are wipes that you wipe down the back of the cat to reduce the dander. Really, you can get the same effect if you use a moist paper towel to do this once a day.

I hope that helps!

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (7709 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9251 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (4666 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (4781 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (27166 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (18799 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (7594 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (5502 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9399 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8342 views)