Reduce allergies to cats.

Breed: I don't have a cat..
I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is a medication you can give YOUR CAT to make you less allergic to them. Is this true and if so what is the name of this medication?

I wish there was a medication that you could give to cats so that people would not be allergic!!!

I doubt that the medication you have seen advertised is effective but you can respond and give me a link or the name and I can research it for you.

When people are allergic to cats they are usually allergic to the dandruff or dying skin cells from a cat. There are a few things that you can do for your cat that may help to reduce the amount of dander that is produced.

One thing would be to use a high quality food. With most cat food you tend to get what you pay for.

Another thing would be to add some omega fatty acids to the cat's food. This will help with the health of the coat and reduce the shedding and dander.

You will find products advertised that are wipes that you wipe down the back of the cat to reduce the dander. Really, you can get the same effect if you use a moist paper towel to do this once a day.

I hope that helps!

Are lumps related to seizures? Hi, Amber is 10 years old. Since she was young she had frequent seizures, as she... (12636 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (20910 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (32767 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8769 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (100189 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (10736 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (22311 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (58240 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (19722 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (61331 views)