Reduce allergies to cats.

Breed: I don't have a cat..
I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is a medication you can give YOUR CAT to make you less allergic to them. Is this true and if so what is the name of this medication?

I wish there was a medication that you could give to cats so that people would not be allergic!!!

I doubt that the medication you have seen advertised is effective but you can respond and give me a link or the name and I can research it for you.

When people are allergic to cats they are usually allergic to the dandruff or dying skin cells from a cat. There are a few things that you can do for your cat that may help to reduce the amount of dander that is produced.

One thing would be to use a high quality food. With most cat food you tend to get what you pay for.

Another thing would be to add some omega fatty acids to the cat's food. This will help with the health of the coat and reduce the shedding and dander.

You will find products advertised that are wipes that you wipe down the back of the cat to reduce the dander. Really, you can get the same effect if you use a moist paper towel to do this once a day.

I hope that helps!

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (28441 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (21560 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (7158 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (16659 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5789 views)

Sneezing dog. My 1 year old Chihuahua has been sneezing and reverse sneezing for the last couple... (25600 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14323 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9532 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9758 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (71722 views)